Chapter 17- Spice

Not too soon after Ryland had ran downstairs we hear Mark calling me and Ross down to the kitchen. I look at Ross hesitantly and he gives me a warm smile. We both head downstairs to see Mark standing in the kitchen doorway waving us over. We both walk towards Mark as he steps aside to let us into the kitchen where Stormie waits. Before shutting the kitchen door Mark tells everyone else to go upstairs or somewhere besides the living room or kitchen. "So kids sit down" Stormie says politely. "Ryland told us you are dating. Is that true?" Mark asks. "Yeah dad it is." Ross says "hmm and how long has this been going on?" Stormie asks. "A month" Ross says hesitantly. "A month?" Stormie repeats shocked. "So what I'm hearing Ross is that for the past month you have been sneaking around." Mark says as Ross frowns and nods. "Well" Mark sighs looking at Stormie as she nods sadly. "You have given us no choice but to forbid the relationship." Mark says "what?" Both Ross and I say. "You both were not responsible enough to tell us about the relationship when it started which means you are not responsible enough to be in a relationship." Stormie says. "But Mom" Ross pleads "I'm sorry Ross." Stormie sighs. "Fernanda I think it is time you head home." Mark says as I nod standing up. Ross jumps up beside me and says, "If she leaves I leave too." "No you are not now let her leave." Mark says sternly as Ross runs out of the room and upstairs. In the meantime I quickly walk to the door and head home.*****************************
It has now been a few weeks since me and Ross had to breakup and it's really depressing me. Wherever I go it's like Ross is always there too. The bad thing is that I can't even talk to him cause Stormie and Mark are almost protecting him from me. The doorbell rings snapping me out of my thoughts and sending me downstairs. I open the door to see a very angry Mark. "Where is he" Mark yells. "Where is who?" I ask calmly. "Ross where is he?" He yells again. "I don't know I haven't seen him." I reply. "He said he was going to be home at midnight it is now noon the next day." He says "well I don't know I saw him leave with someone last night that's it." I say. Before Mark can say anything else he is cut off by a phone call. He talks on the phone worriedly for a minute before hanging up and sighing. "He's at the hospital." Mark whispers almost trying to convince himself. "What? What happened? what's wrong?" I ask "we'll see when we get there." Mark says walking out the door. "You coming Fernanda?" He says as I nod and run after him. When Mark, Stormie and I get to the hospital the doctor calls us back immediately to tell us what happened. "So Ross was brought in here not long ago by his friends cause Ross had passed out and wasn't waking up. We asked if he had taken anything in the last few hours but they said no. We checked him out and found out his liver was shutting down and his muscles were loosening. We asked his friends again and they finally told us. The cause to this all was an overdose of spice. Luckily they brought him here when they did cause if not Ross could have died." The doctor explains before walking away. "Why in the world would our son overdose?" Stormie cries softly as Mark hugs her. Soon we were all able to see Ross. "Why would you overdose?" Was the question Mark asked as soon as he stepped in Ross' room. "Because you guys wouldn't let me see my girlfriend and it made me stressed. I went out with a few of my druggie friends last night. They gave me the spice to use even though I refused. I took it knowing I wouldn't use it. But I did and I used too much I'm sorry." Ross sighs. "Well we will give you and Fernanda some time to talk now." Stormie says pushing Mark out of the room. When Ross sees me he smiles brightly. "Are you mad at me?" He asks. "Well yes and no." I reply. "Yes cause you could have died and no because even though it was stupid you did it cause you wanted to be with me." I smile. We both talk about random stuff until Stormie peaks in and says we have five minutes. "Ross before I go promise me something." I say as Ross nods. "Never ever try and overdose again no matter what happens." I say. "I promise" Ross smiles. "Good now I should get going see ya Ross." I say opening the door. "Bye angel." Ross smirks as I close the door and laugh.

¡¡¡T͟H͟I͟S͟ C͟H͟A͟P͟T͟E͟R͟ I͟S͟ D͟E͟D͟I͟C͟A͟T͟E͟D͟ T͟O͟ M͟Y͟ C͟O͟U͟S͟I͟N͟ B͟E͟C͟A͟U͟S͟E͟ W͟H͟A͟T͟ H͟A͟P͟P͟E͟N͟E͟D͟ I͟S͟ B͟A͟S͟E͟D͟ O͟F͟F͟ O͟F͟ W͟H͟A͟T͟ H͟A͟P͟P͟E͟N͟E͟D͟ I͟N͟ H͟I͟S͟ L͟I͟F͟E͟ A͟ F͟E͟W͟ D͟A͟Y͟S͟ A͟G͟O͟!!!