Sunflower, Vol. 6

Kova's pov

Kova's pov

After school

"Hey!" I twist my head to see Olivia and Asher.

"Oh hello." I immediately felt embarrassed that I was sitting at a table bu myself.

"Want company?" Olivia smiled and Asher just stood there and waved.

"Yes of course. Sit." I scoot my binder and school papers out of the way.

"Is that our chem assignment?" Asher's eyes grew wide as I nodded.

"Shit." he muttered.

"Go ahead. Take a picture." I laugh as I slide it over to him.

"Thanks." He sighed in relief.

"So why are you sitting in the Diner all alone?"
(I GENUINELY DONT KNOW WHAT THE NAME OF THE PLACE SPENCER WORKS AT IS CALLED. SO IM. CALLING IT THE DINER FOR SHIT AND GIGGLES. 0/10 for lack of creativity)

"Spencer told me to come and keep him company. Plus I just wanted to get work done, but i didn't want to go home because its boring there." I laugh.

"Isn't your mom back?" Olivia furrowed a brow.

"Yeah but not for long. She only came back to fix one of her dresses she designed. Then she's back in Italy." I let out a sigh.

She nodded her head and pouted. "Hey if you're ever lonely just go to my house. We love your company at the Baker household."

"Yeah I bet Jordan would love it." We both glared at Asher.

"I'm gonna go get a refill." I walk away.

"What did I say?" Asher muttered to Olivia in pure confusion.

I already informed Olivia on Jordan's shady actions Saturday night.

Its one thing to play a girl and friend zone her.

But its a whole different thing to pretend to be drunk, and make them cuddle with you and kiss your neck and say they love you.

I may have reacted to it like it was funny. But inside I was butthurt. Jordan knows im in love with him and he does this shit. 

"Can I get a refill?" I smiled at Spencer who was at the other side of the counter.

"Sure thing." He nodded and took my cup.

"Hey!" I turned my head to see Darnell.

Im wheezing. I actually stopped breathing.

His presence makes me feel some type of way and its only been our second real interaction.

"Darnell!" Spencer smiled at his presence as well. "What are you doing here?"

"You told me to hurry up and come because Kov-"

He immediately shut his mouth when he realized he was exposing Spencer's plan.

I had a sense that this was a set up.

"Anyways... Kova since i coincidentally ran into you... you wanna go somewhere and get some food."

"Dude." Spencer chipped in as he set my cup of soda on the counter. "Eat here." He said in a obvious tone.

"Good idea." Darnell agreed.

"Cmon. My table is over there." I pointed to where Olivia and Asher were looking at us in shock.

"Okay." A big smile appeared on his face.

"Hey guys! You know Darnell." I introduced the tall figure behind me.

"Hey." He waved at the couple before sitting besides me.

"You guys okay?" i could see right through their fake smiles.

"Asher tell her what you did." Olivia wrapped her arms around her boyfriend in a aggressive manner, but with a innocent smile.

"I uh... i invited Jordan."

"You did what?" I groan.

"It was before I found out what Jordan did!" Asher put his hands up in surrender.

"What did Jordan do?" Darnell tried starting a conversation. A conversation I was trying to have with him.

"Nothing really. My brother is just really stupid." Olivia answered.

"And he's here." Asher cheered unenthusiastically.

Jordan looked excited to be here. Maybe because he also invited half the football team.

Kill me.

—sweeteasaint