Motiv8

Kova's pov

Kova's pov

Thursday
Volleyball practice

I groan in pain as I ran up and down the bleachers, exhausted as hell.

I dont know why my coach thought it was a good idea to be out in the hot sun to run up and down the bleachers. What was even more annoying was that footfall practice was going on.

I hated the idea of anybody watching me struggle to run up and down stairs.

Once i finished i made my way over to the drinking fountain to refill my water bottle.

"Hey." I turned my head to see Spencer jogging over to me.  

"Hey." I smile at the sweaty boy.

"Darnell wanted me to tell you he wants to take you out on a date tonight."

"and why couldn't he tell me this himself?" I crossed my arms.

"His phone doesn't have service right now. We're in the middle of getting him on my our family's plan."

"Ahh okay."

"He said to meet him at BOA steakhouse. 7pm."

That was when i noticed Jordan running over to us with a water bottle. Using it as an excuse to come over to the water fountain.

"Tell Darnell I cant wait for our date!" I emphasize date.

Then i walked back to the gymnasium without glancing at Jordan.

I was shady i'll admit.

Jordan's pov

"Whats up with you and Kova?" Spencer brought up as I shrug acting clueless.

"I dont know why she's mad."

"Really? Because she told about you pretending to be drunk. What was the point of all that?" We jog back to the field.

"If I tell you why. You gotta promise not to tell anybody anything i tell you."

"Okay." Spencer nodded in agreement.

"So um... I pretended to be drunk so I could interrupt Kova's mingling with Darnell. Then she took me home and I wanted her to stay. And i got caught up in the moment and i told her i loved her. I meant it."

"Thats crazy." Spencer shook his head. "You went through all of that trouble for no reason. Why didnt you just straight up tell her?"

"I'm really bad at admitting to people i love them. Which is exactly why I can never stay in a relationship. I dont know how to love a girl."

"You sure know how to love Kova."

"Not even." I let out a sigh. I dont know why it was hard for me to admit my love for her.

"You pretended to be drunk to stop a guy from talking to Kova. Thats kind of funny." Spencer admitted. "Kova has liked you for so long... just make a damn move."

"Well its too late for that... shes going on a date with Darnell now... remember?"

"Yeahh.. sorry about that dude." Spencer patted my shoulder.

"Dont be. I had my chance and i ruined it."

That was when my dad blew the whistle for me and Spencer to pay attention to him.

We have a game tomorrow and I need all distractions to be gone.

After practice
Kova's pov

"Good work, Anderson!" My coach called out as we all gathered into the locker rooms.

"Thanks Coach!" i smiled at her as i made my way to my locker to change.

"Kova!" i heard my name echo through the locker room.

"Over here."

It was Miss Keating.

"Hey Layla." I smile.

"Please tell me you don't have plans tonight." She begged.

"Uhh... I actually do. With Darnell."

"Please cancel. Please I'm begging you!"

"Why?" i pull off my PE shirt and throw on a plain black shirt.

"My house got broken into and my dad isn't back home yet. And i just dont really wanna be alone." Her eyes started to water.

"Hey its fine." I calm her down.

"You can stay at my place for as long as you need. Okay?"

"Thank you so much." She sighed of relief.

Now I need to cancel my plans.

—sweeteasaint