Chapter 7: Calypso

Narrator's POV

The sun had went down at the Pearl, and Annette was surrendered to Feng. Everyone sat below the deck, with their dinners in front of them but too frustrated and defeated to eat. 

Will stood on the bow, tying dead bodies from the previous battle to barrels and cutting them down, letting them bob out at sea as breadcrumbs for Beckett to follow. Jack was hidden on the bowspirit of the ship, which is a point that extends forward from the vessel's prow, watching Will as he thought he was being clever.

"You escaped the brig even quicker than I expected," Jack finally said, getting Will's attention.

Will pointed his tiny knife to Jack as he stood up and began his walk back down to the deck. "William, do you notice anything?" Jack used ropes to steady himself on the railing as he walked. "Rather... do you notice something that is not there to be noticed?"

"You haven't raised an alarm," Will figured out.

"Odd, isn't it?" Jack said, his teeth shining under the moonlight. "Not as odd as this. Come up with this all by your lonesome, did you?"

"I said to myself, 'think like Jack'," Will said, still pointing his knife up at Jack.

"This is what you've arrived at?" Jack asked offendedly. "Lead Beckett to Shipwreck Cove so as to gain his trust... accomplish your own ends? It's like you don't know me at all, mate."

Will finally put the knife down and Jack asked, "and how does your dearly beloved feel about this plan?" Will's lack of an answer and loss of eye contact made Jack say, "ah. You've seen not fit to trust her with it." Finally dropping to the bow.

"I'm losing her, Jack," Will said, looking off into the water. "Every step I make for my father is a step away from Elizabeth."

"Mate, if you choose to lock your heart away, you'll lose her for certain," Jack said, outing Will's plan to become Captain of the Dutchman to save his father from his unforgiving debt

"Mate, if you choose to lock your heart away, you'll lose her for certain," Jack said, outing Will's plan to become Captain of the Dutchman to save his father from his unforgiving debt. "If I might lend a machete to your intellectual thicket... avoid the choice all together. Change the facts. Let someone else dispatch Jones."

"Who?"

Jack's silence was answer enough.

"You?" Will asked.

Jack smiled, "death is a curious way of reshuffling one's priorities. I skip aboard the Dutchman, find the heart, stab the beating thing, you father's free from his debt, you're free to be with your charming murderess."

"You're willing to cut out your own heart and bind yourself to the Dutchman... forever?" Will asked.

"No, mate. I'm free forever," Jack corrected. "Free to sail the seas beyond the edges of the map. Free from death itself."

"You have to do the job though, Jack. You have to ferry souls to the next world. Or end up just like Jones."

Jack groaned and stroked his chin. "I don't have the face for tentacles. But, immortal has to count for something, eh?"

"What about the Pearl?"

"I shall command Annette as the captain," Jack said.

"And you can go ten years without seeing her?" Will asked.

Jack was getting frustrated with these questions. He was so focused on becoming immortal, that he did not think the consequences all the way through. He also didn't like how much he cared for Annette, and how Will knew. He ignored Will's question and instead he reached into his pocket and pulled out his compass to give to Will.

"What's this for?"

"Think like me. It'll come to you," Jack said. He exhaled a puff of his strong rummy breath into Will's face. Will's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell overboard, stunned by the stench. Jack pushed off a barrel with the body tied to it that Will was preparing.

"My regards to Davy Jones," Jack called out as he watched Will cling to the barrel and the body.

_______________________________

The Pearl reached an island of impressive greenery.

Mr. Gibbs shouted, "look alive and keep a weather eye. Not for naught it's called Shipwreck Island. Where lies Shipwreck Cove and the town of Shipwreck."

Pintel yelled, taking initiative, "you heard him. Step lively."

Jack and Gibbs walked along together they stopped beside the mast and Jack said, "for all that pirates are clever clogs, we are unimaginable when it comes to naming things."

"Aye," Gibbs agreed.

"I once sailed with a geezer who lost both of his arms and part of his eye." Jack said.

"What'd you call him?"

Jack's lips twitched before answering, "Larry," and walked up the helm.

_______________________________

Pintel and Ragetti brought Tia Dalma, the real Calypso, down to the brig from Barbossa's command with Jack watching intently from the helm. It reminded him of Annette, and he began to wonder how she was doing on the Empress. He knew that if Feng thought that Annette was Calyspo, she shouldn't be harmed.

AN: are there other pirate movies or period movies that you like?
I really like the movies Marie Antoinette, and Titanic!
Has anyone seen the TV show Black Sails? Is it any good? I want to watch it!