Chapter 2

"Once upon a time...." It was pretty late by the time I was halfway through the book, with Kotarou sleeping in my arms. I gently try to remove him, not daring to wake him up. I put the book on the counter shelf and turn the lights off.

"Good night Kotarou." I say before shutting my eyes.

------
⚠️TW:CUTTING+VAPING⚠️

"Mom, dad..."

I suddenly shot wide open my eyes, while gasping for air and trembling. Why? Why did you guys have to go?  I think to myself while in tears, then suddenly another thought pops up to mind. What if Kotarou was on the plane  with them? That thought didn't make my current situation any better. My crying turned into heavy sobbing because of that. I must have been too loud because suddenly Saikawa was in my room.

Saikawa turned on the bedroom light causing Kotarou to wake up from the sudden change.

"Ryuuichi are you ok?" I turn my head to see Saikawa's body figure next to me.

"Nii-chan?" I heard Kotarou say.

"Yes, I'm fine, I just had a bad dream." I say, not completely lying.

"Are you sure, I heard loud noises coming from the room so I quickly got up to see what happened, just to open the door to see you with your eyes fulled with tears." I could hear the concern in Saikawa's voice, but I quickly turned it away.

"Yes, I am fine, I'm sorry for being loud and causing you trouble, you can go back to sleep." I say trying to get Saikawa to leave.

"It's no trouble at all, I'll see you in the morning, good night." Saikawa said turning off the lights and closing the door behind me.

"Sad Nii-chan." Kotarou said, shit I forgot Kotarou was with me.

"No not anymore, let's go to sleep, I have school tomorrow." I forcefully try to make Kotarou go back to sleep, which worked.

Instead of shutting my eyes, I just stared at the ceiling. What if Kotarou was on the plane? The same thought kept replaying in my head over and over again, not giving me the ability to get rid of it, so I did what I usually do to get these types of thoughts out of my head.

Double checking to make sure that Kotarou is asleep I get out of the bed as swiftly as possible to not wake him up. I start heading to a cabinet that I stored my clothes in, and headed towards the middle drawer. I opened the drawer and went to the back of it lifting up clothes that hid my little secret. There it was.

A shiny grey razor and a puff bar, watermelon flavor to be exact. Which one should I do today? I ask myself. Eh, why not both, to forget that this night even happened. I grabbed the 2 items, luckly the puff bar was already fully charged from the last time I used it, and made my way to the bathroom, making sure that no one else is around.

I've made it to the bathroom and locked the door behind me, then proceeded to pull out the 2 items out of my pocket. Gratefully, I always wore long sleeves, so no one thought much of it, with that being said, I start pulling up my left sleeve to see the last pair of cuts made. Oo that's got to hurt. I think to myself. Wait, no of course they hurt idiot.

I decide to sit down leaning on the bathroom door with my foreare still exposed, and bring the razor up to it, to make contact. Remember this is what you get for bothering Saikawa all day, don't you dare cry. I thought. The razor cut deep into my arm. Not once, not twice, but to the point where you couldn't see the bottom half of my forearm. Fuck! This hurt like hell. I whince quietly in pain. Blood starts pouring out uncontrollably. I quickly get up and put my arm under the bathroon sink to not make a mess on the floor.