Chapter 1

Lailani Johnson

"Heaven you think i should buy these?" I asked holding up a pair of Jordan 12's

"Yeah gettem", I nodded and went to the checkout bar. The worker ringed up the shoes and gave me my total. Once the transaction was complete I went back over to Heaven.

"Ready?" she asked

"Yeah" I replied

We walked out of footlocker and went to the food court, I decided that I was going to get some Chinese food cause I didn't eat all day.

"I'm finna go get some Chinese food, whatchu gettin?" I asked

"Um prolly some Chick-Fil-A . But my brother comin in hea, wannna meet him?"

I thought for a second. Out of all the years Heaven never told me about her brother, Ion know. It's not my business.

"Yeah that's coo, i'm finna go get some food"

"Aii"

I went to the Panda Express line and waited. Once I got my food I went to sit down. Heaven came to sit down right after me. But as soon as I was finna put the fork of noodles in  my mouth I saw a figure standing over me. I looked up and met eyes with this nigga and another nigga. One was mugging me and the other was smirking.

Heaven saw him smirking and rolled her eyes, "Zeke, stop. Don't even think bout it"

I laughed cause he had a goofier look on his face, "Wassgud mamas, the name is Zeke"

I told him hey and went back on my phone to play Granny, that game is the shit for real.

Heaven started talking again. "Lai, this is Shama my brother. And Shama, this is my friend Lai"

I looked up and said hey and continued to eat my food, but i felt the feeling of having all eyes on me. I looked up again and Shama was still mugging me. He is kinda fine. HeHe.

Before I coulda said something he started talking to Heaven, sum about her messing with this boy he ain want her messing with. Ion know, it ain't my business. 

Since I didn't want to intrude in their conversation I went to throw my food away. When i came back to the table Shama and his friend was already gone. Heaven was on her phone and wiping tears.

"Are you okay?"

"No, he thinks he can control me"

"He is just making sure you take the right path in life, it ain nuffin wrong with that.Come on, let's get up outta here". She nodded and we walked out the mall, arm in arm. When we got to my car I asked if she wanted to spend the night at my house, she said yeah. Once I got my aux I started my playlist and No stylist by French Montana came on. We gave each other a look and started rapping.

Once we got to my house we took showers and got comfortable in my bed with all the snacks. We decided on A Haunted House, I usually be laughing to it but i'm not tonight. Ion know what's going on with me, I'm always sad. But for what?

I decided to go on my phone cause I was getting bored with it, I went on Instagram and saw that I had some messages.

Playboi..Chris- Bae, watchu doing. You know I love you, don't even be like that

Brazydoll..Miyah- Hey lai, prom is coming and I need some hair and lashes . Please and thank you.

I laughed at the first message, this nigga gon cheat on me and want me back, tuhhhh. Niggas is crazy. I replied to my client with a yes. Since I don't like working for nobody I decided to start my own business when I was just 16 years old. It's coming along.

Once I checked with all my clients I put my phone on the charger and went to sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Y'all this is my first book and i'm excitedddddd

Imma cool ass person so yeen gotta worry about me being over the top or just extra.

But ay, you can share the face claims . Ian that author that do too much

And that's on pewiod.

Byeeeeeee