Chapter 5

Lai/Lailani Johnson

2 weeks later

Crenshaw ,California

"How long do you boil a egg?" I asked

"Put it on and go do something else, when you remember "damn my egg" that's when it's time to take it out" Zeke said.

Right now we was all at Vante house, cause why tf not. I was on my phone when Shama came in the house looking high as hell. I put my eyes back on my phone cause what he got going on is none of my business.

"Lai, let's go". I looked up and he was standing in front of me

"Umm... whyyy?"

"Ian repeatin myself" he walked back out

"But  you just wasted your breath sayin allat. Bye y'all". 

I walked out and to his car bracing myself for whatever. Once I got in I put my seatbelt on and got comfortable.

"Where the fuck you been?"

"Minding my business. How about you?"

"It ain't the time for games Sariyah"

"Yeah, I know. That's at 9 o'clock when i done showered and-". In a span of 3 seconds I felt hands wrap around my throat. If he only treated my cooter cat like this.

"You take me for ah joke huh?"

"Rawrr". He let my throat go and started the car. I didn't know where we was going until we pulled up to this nice brick house. Nothing too fancy.

"Whose's house is this?"

"Mines"

"Oh". I got out and followed him to the door. He opened it and we stepped foot inside. It was very nice in the inside, nice decorating too. I took my shoes off and followed him to the kitchen. He turned around and stared at me.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Naw". I nodded

"Is it okay if i sit on your counter?"

"Go ahead, why you ask?"

"Cause it would've been disrespectful if i didn't" I said while hopping on his counter.

"Oh, you hung-" He got cut off by banging on his door. He grabbed his gun out is pants and walked to the door. Next, I heard a female yelling. Ghetto. I got on my phone and started to play Granny.

"And who is this bitch?". I looked up and made eye contact with this pretty female. I didn't say anything cause I didn't feel the need to. Shama came in the kitchen mugging the girl.

"Aaliyah getcho ass out my house" Shama said

"Who is this bitch?" She said even louder. Nope, not finna do this.