Chapter Nineteen: Summons for a Friend

All I could do was sweat drop as I watched my blonde get dragged by his father figure. I sighed and stuffed my hands into my pants pockets and walking off, paying no mind to the others who were also watching the blonde.

I let my mind run on autopilot, wandering the streets of Konoha and thinking about nothing in particular. I didn't know how long I was walking but eventually I had found myself at the gates to the forest of death. I had ended up familiarizing myself with the forest while Naruto was gone, making sure to check on the foxes even if I couldn't understand them. The forest was much bigger than the Nara forest in most senses but I never ended up lost, I always found my way back to the fox dens.

Once I got stronger in my sensory skills I noticed how strange the clearing was, it seemed to always feel a bit like Naruto. Flowers began to bloom in the spring that were yellow and red, all the trees in the area turned orange the first day of fall. The area was somewhat like a dream, it was always warm there and the foxes seemed peaceful, which is rare for small wild animals. I looked into it more back when I first saw the flowers, going to Anko since she new the forest inside and out. What surprised me was that she had never seen the clearing. I didn't try to drag her there, I prefer to think that it's a special place for Naruto and I. Yeah Sasuke's been there once, but it's a drag wasting brain power on him so I pretend he doesn't exist most of the time.

Without hesitation I jumped the fence into the forest, walking toward the dens. In about fifteen minuites I found something that surprised me, the foxes were gathered in the center of the clearing. Usually no matter what time of day all the foxes were in their dens, only bothering to come out when I arrive so they can nap on me.

Hikari ran up to me once I was spotted, Kage training close behind. The bright orange fox pulled on my pants, urging me to sit down, I obliged. Once I had sat down cross-legged, he sniffed me and his head shot up. He whipped around and yipped at the others while Kage sniffed me herself. Suddenly I was covered in foxes sniffing me, I didn't think I smelled so I was rather confused. They all jumped up and were ecstatic about something I did not know, so I just looked at them confused. I could have sworn Kage rolled her eyes before padding off to the largest den. A few seconds later she dragged out a large scroll which gave me more questions then I could count.

All the other foxes got off of me and stood around the scroll which Kage dragged infront of me. She unrolled the scroll with her nose and I saw what it was. It was a summoning scroll with only one signature, 'Uzumaki Naruto' was written in blood next to fingerprints that looked like they were made when he was much smaller. The pitch black fox trotted over to me, tapping my leg with her nose before tapping the blood signature the same way.

Now I knew what was going on, they smelled Naru on me and were happy he was home. The foxes being summons also made a lot of sense, and the clearing must be a summoning realm.

With this new information I spoke to the foxes, knowing they understood me even if I didn't understand them. "Yes, Naruto got back today." The foxes cheered in delight. "I'll see if I can get him here today, the troublesome blonde has some explaining to do." Again the foxes showed there excitement while Kage just rolled her eyes again, nudging Hikari before curling up in the soft grass with him.

Apparently Kage and Hikari had gotten together, Hikari grew with the years and was now just slightly smaller than Kage.

I trekked my way out of the forest, going to see Naru.
_______________________________________

Sry this is short, I'm really busy rn but I hope you guys are liking the story and thank you for reading!
                                              ~Gracie >:^3