The Idiot Lantern

In a TV shop it was a stormy night "Orchestrations were arranged by Sir Rodney Fenning, and Dame Eve English is a member of the Kings Lynn Players. So tune in again next week for more from the What's My Line team. And that brings us to the end of programming for today. So, from all of us here at Alexandra Palace, a very good night"" Two hundred pounds overdrawn. I need a miracle " Mr magpie said as he looked at the bills. As he did that in a house" He's a caution, that one! He does make me laugh"" Our lord and master"gran said as she smiled at Eddie who walked in " Rita, I'm off out""Dad"tommy said showing him the TV"  Oh, how many times, son? We'll see""But everyone's getting a telly, dad. Even Mister Gallagher, and the Bells at number sixty seven"tommy said as he wanted one" Well, perhaps we'll get one for the Coronation. If you're lucky. We'll see. Don't wait up"" I heard they rot your brains. Rot them into soup, and your brain comes pouring out of your ears. That's what television does " his gran said smiling as they carry on liserning to the radio. Back in the TV shop" Mister Magpie? Oh, Mister Magpie""Eh"mr magpie wakes up hearing the voice "Woo hoo! Can you hear me, Magpie" "Yes. I must be dreaming "he said as he wonder if this was real" Oh no, this isn't a dream""I'm going doolally, then"he wonder as he looked at the TV "Not at all, sweetheart. Now, are you sitting comfortably? Good. Then we'll begin"she pulled his face into the TV as she larght and it goes into the credits. 

The tardis fly through the vortex and it introduces the cast of the show. And the title and then we arrive back in London. Charlotte comes out of the tardis in a nice dress with rose she was angry at Charlotte and the doctor for what happened and she hated them both her and the doctor where friends and she did not want to hate him. But now Charlotte was pregnant she hated the doctor and she wonder why she protected him when Charlotte told them about the child. But she knew she had Andrew and they where happy together and nothing was going to change that "I don't know why you have to come Charlotte" "I am allowed to be here like Andrew and my baby "Charlotte said as Andrew came out frowning" are you girls ever going to get on they said sorry you know "" no not anymore she betrayed me. And the doctor did to I never forgive you both never "rose said turning away" look honey Charlotte loves the doctor and you got me can't you just get on for the sake of the child "" no "rose frowned and walked to the wall as Andrew walked to the tardis " I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era, you know the white flares and the, grr, chest hair. "" You are kidding, aren't you? You want to see Elvis, you go for the late fifties. The time before burgers. When they called him the Pelvis and he still had a waist. What's more, you see him in style"the doctor said as he looked at Andrew . Then he saw charlotte crying "what rose done now " "nothing you idiot I trusted and you betrayed me both of you "she replied as he frowned at her" I said i was sorry so did Charlotte look just get along please she carrying my child we going to be a family. Don't ruin it "he goes back in the tardis and comes out on a bike and smiled at Charlotte" You going my way, doll"" Is there any other way to go, daddy-o? Straight from the fridge, man honey I am getting in the Grove "Charlotte smiled about to get on when rose pushed her off. 

" get off him""seriously first you hate him now you want to protect him. Are you ok charlotte "Andrew ran to her as he helped her up" yeah I'm OK Andrew I'm going back in the tardis see you later "" no please come with me "the doctor said holding her  hand as she smiled" you are nothing he never love you and I never love him you both betrayed me " rose said before she could say anything. Charlotte ran off as the doctor got off the bike" Charlotte come back. Andrew be the doctor today here my sonic. And my physic paper I be back "he ran off as Andrew changes into the doctor suit and gets on the bike smiling. Rose smiled and was glad he was the doctor today "Hey, you speak the lingo""Oh well, me, mum, Cliff Richard movies every Bank Holiday Monday " rose smiled as she got on the bike holding onto Andrew smiling "Ah, Cliff. I knew your mother'd be a Cliff fan is that how the doctor talks" Andrew said as they ride off"Where we off to Andrew and I love you as the doctor but being yourself I love the most "" Ed Sullivan TV Studios. Elvis did Hound Dog on one of the shows. There were loads of complaints. Bit of luck, we'll just catch it and thanks if you love it I will " "that's my Andrew And that'll be TV studios in, what, New York" she asked him as they drive along placing her head on his shoulder "That's the one"" Ha! Digging that New York vibe"she said frowning " Well, this could still be New York. I mean, this looks very New York to me. Sort of Londony New York, mind oh I love being the doctor now I can see why he has so much fun " Andrew said smiling " What are all the flags for and you the best doctor ever " she said as they they look at the flags. As they did that back in Tommy home "We love Muffin, everybody sing. We want Muffin the Mule. Hello."" Smashing. Smashing, innit? You'd have thought they was in the room with you, eh? Fair do's Tommy, you had a point. New television. There, that should cheer you up a bit, Rita. Give us a smile, then, eh " Eddie said as he smiled at them as he turned it down" I can't. Nothing's the same any more, not with her""" Stop going on about it"he raised his voice "But her face, Eddie. What happened to her? That awful face"" I said, stop it"he shouts at her" She's awake. I think she's hungry""There you go, sir, all wired up for the great occasion"said Mr magpie as he gives them the TV" The great occasion? What do you mean what going on "" Where've you been living, out in the Colonies? Coronation, of course"he replied as Andrew looked confused "What Coronation's that then I don't know what the doctor knows" " What do you mean? The Coronation"he said frowning at him as rose knew what it was " It's the Queen's. Queen Elizabeth"" Oh! Is this 1953 least I knew that mabey being round the doctor ok "" Last time I looked. Time for a lovely bit of pomp and circumstance, what we do best"mr magpie as he smiled at then.