He's Recharging

"Guess who?" Satori sang, covering your eyes as he stepped up behind you.

"Satori!" you giggled, prying his hands off, turning to smile at him.

"Hey pretty girl," he said, kissing your forehead in greeting.

"Where are the others?" you inquired. The rest of the third year volleyball boys tended to stick together when they could, and a lot of the first and second years trickled in as they willed.

"They're on their way, I just really wanted to see you," he informed you proudly.

You smiled at him again, walking over to the table they usually sat at during lunch.

After becoming manager, you and the boys volleyball club had become a tightknit group, even to the point where Satori had asked you out.

Satori rummaged through his bag looking for something, making you laugh as you sat down.

"I can't find my English notes and I have it next period!" he whined, flopping into the seat next to you.

He frowned for a moment, then latched his hands onto your hips and pulled you into his lap.

"Satori!" you squeaked, trying not to draw attention to the already embarrassing situation. "Hey, let me go. I can't be light!"

"But I like you here," Satori mumbled, burying his face in your neck, wrapping his arms around your waist, toying with your fingers.

"You aren't going to let me go, are you?" you inquired.

"Nope," he said, popping the 'p', and you could feel him smiling against your neck.

You sighed.

It wasn't that you didn't like this, you did, but you had never been the skinniest girl in your class, and it made you more than a little self-conscious at times.

Which, now that you thought about it, was probably why Satori did this in the first place.

He was a very touchy boyfriend in general, and half the time he didn't even realize he was doing it. It was like he was just drawn to you. He always managed to end up by your side, regardless of where he had started out in the room.

You had asked one time if he did it on purpose, but he had just said that sometimes his body just naturally headed to your voice.

It was sweet, and it made you blush, but it also made you worry. Did he think that he had to be by your side? Like some sort of boyfriend obligation? Or did he honestly want to be by you?

"Hey pretty girl, why the long face?" he asked, setting his chin on your shoulder.

"Oh, it's nothing, I was just lost in thought I guess," you muttered, but you could tell you were still frowning. "Hey, Satori?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think I'm clingy?" you inquired. "Like . . . do you feel like you have to be with me at all times because you have to be? Like it's some sort of chore or something?"

"No," he said. "If anyone in this relationship is clingy, it's me. Why are you asking?"

"I'm just worried I guess," you admitted. "The last guy I was with . . . ."

You trailed off with a wince.

Satori's arms tightened around your waist, almost subconsciously.

"You know you don't have to tell me anything baby girl," he murmured, kissing your neck lightly.

"I know that. I want to. The last guy I was with said that I was too clingy, that he spent time with me because he had to."

"(Y/F/N)," Satori said, a serious tone to his voice that made you turn to look at him. "I'm clingy because you make the bad days better. I'm clingy because you let me be. You always smile so easily for me."