Papers

"Hey! (Y/L/N), can I ask you for a favor?" Michimiya asked.

"Um, sure. Whatcha need?"

"I need you to give these to Daichi. I would do it myself, but my own practice is about to start," she admitted. "You know the way?"

"Yup, I'll get them to him ASAP," you assured her, taking the papers she handed you.

"Thank you so much," she said, clapping her hands together.

"It's no problem, really," you assured her, waving your hand.

"Alright, I have to go, but thank you."

You nodded, shooing her towards her own gym as you grabbed your things.

You meandered through the halls, smiling at the stragglers, helping the first years that needed the help.

When you got to the gym, you stepped inside quickly and quietly.

You had learned the hard way not to dawdle in one spot, it would most likely end up with you getting hit with a stray ball.

"Ah, (Y/F/N/), did you come to see Daichi?" Kiyoko asked when she spotted you.

"No, Michimiya needed to give these to Daichi, but she gave them to me," you told her, giving her a bright smile.

"(Y/F/N)? What are you doing here?" Daichi asked as they took a water break.

"Oh, Michimiya needed to give these to you," you told him, handing him the papers. "But she had practice too, so she sent me in her place."

"Oh, thanks," he said, looking them over for a moment.

"I'll see you tomorrow," you said to no one in particular, waving to Asahi and Suga who smiled at you.

"Hey, get back here," Daichi said, gripping your hand.

You raised an eyebrow, and he raised one back.

Oh.

"Weirdo," you muttered, kissing him once.

But it was in that instant that the team noticed your presence.

"HAAH?"

"Oh shit," Daichi muttered, moving to stand in front of you as he was bombarded with questions from the rest of the team, save the other third years, who already knew about your relationship with the captain of the volleyball team.

"Since when does Daichi have such a hot girlfriend!" Noya shouted, trying to get a better look at you.

"And since when does he not tell us this stuff?" Tanaka shouted.

"(Y/F/N), I'm really sorry about them," Suga said, flashing you an awkward and apologetic smile.

"It's okay," you assured him.

"You knew?" The second years turned to their vice captain, betrayal coating their features.

"All the third years knew. Pretty much everyone knows. I don't know why you guys don't know," Asahi said.

"The captain has a girlfriend? So cool!" Hinata cheered, jumping up and down.

Kageyama just nodded at you, making you smile.

"She looks like a normal person," Tsukishima muttered.

Yamaguchi nodded beside him, watching you.

"It's nice to finally meet you all," you said, stepping out from behind Daichi, letting him wrap a protective arm around your shoulders, keeping you tucked into his side. "I'm (Y/N), and as you probably guess, I'm Daichi's girlfriend."

"How long?" Tanaka asked.

"Almost three years."

"AND WE DIDN'T KNOW?"

"You guys must be really stupid," Tsukishima muttered. "I saw them the first week we were here."

"Yeah, it's not like they tried to hide it," Ennoshita agreed, smiling at you.

"I mean, I go to your games and everything, so I don't know how you missed me," you told them, shrugging one shoulder.

"You look so soft," someone said, you think it was Noya, looking at Daichi.

"He simps for me, and everyone knows it," you said, smiling up at him.

"I feel ganged up on," Daichi mumbled, kissing the top of your head.

"Dude, you need to come to our practices more, he hasn't yelled at us once," Tanaka ordered.

"I mean, that's not really my problem. If you guys are getting yelled at then that's an issue you need to work on," you told them, watching Tanaka and Noya deflate a little. "From what I've seen, Daichi's pretty laid back, if you guys are getting yelled at, then I pity you."

"You're even worse when you're mad," Daichi reminded you.

The other third years nodded, Asahi going slightly pale.

"I never said I wasn't," you countered, wrinkling your nose at him.

"They're sickeningly sweet, aren't they?" Tsukishima grumbled.

"You're just mad because your brother and your captain have a girlfriend and you don't," you teased.

"How do you know my brother?"

"He used to help me study, when I needed it back in middle school. And he always had a smile when I needed one. You two are so different," you told him. "But . . . I can see why."

Tsukishima stared at you, but didn't say anything else, and the others crowded around you, asking questions, giving compliments, until finally, Daichi shooed them away and demanded they get back to practice.

"I'm sorry for the commotion," you said, turning to him.

"It's alright, they're just idiots," he muttered, kissing your forehead. "I'll see you after practice?"

"Definitely," you told him, wishing the team luck as you left.

That wasn't how you thought the team would react when they met you, but it was better than some of your fears.

And Daichi really was soft for you.