"A horrific turn"

It all started as a normal shift. The occasional Karen calling the police on kids for breathing wrong. Or stupid shoplifters or wellness checks on crazy grandmas. It was a standard patrol for Jean.

"Today seems kind of slow... doesn't seem right at all to be honest..." Jean said as he patrolled around south central la

"X13 we have a 10-80 pursuit on interstate 5 heading towards Compton. Vehicle description is a large silver van occupied times " said dispatch requesting units

Crime had gone up as a new gang war started between Australian gangs and multiple African American gangs for turf.

This war led to violent gang clashes in the projects.

Multiple innocent people have been caught in the crossfire. Some sets even targeted law enforcement and federal agencies who attempted to intervene. High ranking cops even being targeted.

"This is 1 x ray 55 I'm en route code 3" Jean said into his radio

Jean flipped on his lights and sirens

The closer he got the louder other sirens became and the more intense the dispatch call outs got.

Officer 1: ALL UNITS BE ADVISED MULTIPLE VEHICLES BOXING IN COUNTY UNITS ON SOUTH DAVID STREET!

Jean: 10 - 4 eta 2 minutes! Sit tight!

Sheriff 1: SUSPECTS HAVE FULLY AUTO AK'S! Requesting swat support! 41722 SOUTH DAVID!

Sheriff 2: UNITS UNITS BACK OFF BACK OFF FROM THE SUSPECTS, FORM A PERMITTER AND RETURN FIRE WHEN READY

Bandit: 10-4 swat en route code 3

Bingo: all units proceed with caution

Officer 2: MULTIPLE OFFICERS DOWN SHOTS FIRED!

when Jean made it to David street a line of beat up rusty cars surrounded multiple officers in the intersection! Bullets began to be fired at his vehicle he swerved into a defensive position and ducked down.

It was a trap. The gang van led the police there to kill as many as they could.

He crouched and ran to the back of his car a furious gunfight taking place right next to him.
He opened his trunk and grabbed his ar15 luckily the trunk door absorbed the bullets.
He peaked over and fired multiple shots hitting a gangster.

"ONE SUSPECT DOWN!" Jean yelled

"WATCH CROSS WATCH CROSS!" Said Bingo making sure that officers don't get caught in the crossfire

Bingo and bandit came in with a filled armored and heavily armed swat truck.

Swat teams surrounded the gang blockade rifles and shot guns in hand.

The gangsters dropped their weapons and surrendered after a fierce skirmish

"KEEP THEM HANDS UP OR I WILL HURT YOU BIG TIME!" Jean furiously yelled

"GET ON YOUR KNEES!" Bingo yelled

"HANDS ON YOUR HEAD! FACE AWAY FROM
US!" Bandit commanded.

Swat moved in and put the suspects in cuffs.

The radio was still going crazy

Supervisor on radio; x13 UNITS UNITS I WANT A SWEEP UP AND DOWN THE NEIGHBORHOOD! MAKE WAY FOR MEDICAL AND ESTABLISH A PERIMETER.

Lasd Captain on radio: Units units clear the air clear the air. I only wanna hear reports from supervisors medical is on the way.

Soon multiple ambulances and fire engines showed up.