✿ My funny Valentine ✿

~Song choice~
If I fell ~ the Beatles
~Warnings~
-None

"Come on y/n, you seriously aren't going to be all alone on Valentine's day." My friend Annie said on FaceTime while I was cleaning up the house. "I told you Annie I won't be alone, Tom's coming over for our singles party, I mean we're just friends so it's nothing special." I added knowing where her mind would go. Annie's been trying to set me up with Tom since she introduced us. "You know he's been single for a year now." She smirked causing me to role my eyes as I continued to clean. "Nothings going to happen, I mean he was with her for 8 years, that does something to you and I know for a fact that he doesn't view me that way and I don't either." I stated, he was really torn up about that break up hell they almost got married, but I wouldn't be so close with him if it didn't happen. After they split he stayed with me for a week and after we saw each other almost every day.

"Hey y/n" her voice chimed in from the other end. "yes Annie." I replied. "If that's really how you feel, why are you cleaning you're bedroom?" She said with a devilish grin. "Goodbye Annie!" I blushed as I hung up, hearing her laughs through the phone until I hit end call. She did have a point, if I felt that way... why did I clean my bedroom, and why did I always get butterflies when I saw his perfect blue eye-

"Y/n! Open up I'm freezing my ass off out here!" Toms voice shouted from outside. I smiled at the thought of him and opened up my bedroom window and looked down at the City street. "Well is that a way to greet your friend who's invited you to a wonderful evening of wine and take out?" I smirked as he looked up into my y/c/e eyes. A smile appeared on his face as our eyes met. "You look beautiful darling."

I smiled and closed the window, making my way down the hall to the front door where Tom waited. As soon as I opened it I was wrapped into Toms arms making me smile like a fool. "The takeout isn't here yet but I do have 3 bottles of whine and a few silly cheesy romcoms in the living room." I said, a little apprehensive knowing that as soon as I said it he would let go of me. "Well come on then!"

~~~~

"Come on what's a night of wine and food without dancing!?" He smile as he took my hands to pull me to my feet. "Tom you know I'm a terrible dancer..." I whined as he walked over to the record player I had in my living room and took out a record I knew very well, A Hard Days Night by the Beatles. A familiar chord played through my speakers and a dancing Tom began to move around like a fool making me laugh, he was bouncing around like that for two songs until if I fell started playing.

The slower tempo made us blush as the Harmonies filled our heads and the crimson on our cheeks became more apparent when his hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his chest, the other intertwined in mine

The slower tempo made us blush as the Harmonies filled our heads and the crimson on our cheeks became more apparent when his hand wrapped around my waist and pulled me into his chest, the other intertwined in mine. "If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true? And help me understand, cus I've been in love before and I found that love is more then just holding hands..." he began to sing in my ear, is hot breath on my neck.

"If I give my heart to you, I must be sure
From the very start, That you would love me more than her If I trust in you oh please, Don't run and hide, If I love you too oh please, Don't hurt my pride like her
'Cause I couldn't stand the pain, And I would be sad if our new love was in vain
So I hope you see that I, Would love to love you, And that she will cry, When she learns we are two..." he sang making my heart race as our eyes looked right into each other. He let go of my hand and pushed a piece of hair behind my ear, his hand resting on my cheek as he began to close the gap. My eyes widen and a knock at the door came saving me.

"That's the takeout... I'll get it." I said awkwardly before scurrying off to pay the man. Moments later I returned with two bags of food to find Tom picking out a movie. "Hey I know it's cheesy but we should watch Notting Hill, I mean it's a silly Romance movie and it is the day for romance." He smiled as he grabbed a pair of chopsticks and a box of food. "Yeah, I love that movie that sounds great!"

"You know it's kinda like you in me." I smiled before taking a last bite of food. "Oh? I'm a self absorbed famous person?" Tom laughed as he set down his now empty box. "No... you're famous and I'm some random person who's not famous at all and yet you hang around with me..." I said stopping when the two people on the screens lips connected as they walked through the garden. "Because you're amazing y/n ... dear good I don't know where I'd be without you..." he said, his blue eyes looking into mine. "I mean it, that we are very much like this movie. I mean you're way to good for me and I've just... I've fallen for you and I hated to admit it but Annie is right and you deserve way more and I didn't want to tell you because I knew you're to sweet to not be friends with me anymore but I don't think I could see you and-"

My rambles were cut off by his sweet lips on mine ones I've longed for. His hand slid to my waist and pulled me on top of him. "Be mine?" He said making me smile like a fool. "Always."