Part II (Chapters 1 & 2)

The Warlock

"You see anyone?" Jason asked the little child he was holding hands with, his eyes were pale green, he was as skinny as a toothpick and his face was just pale skin on a skull, his hair was as bad as the rest of his body, weak and frail like some sort of withered black straw.

"No" Krumar replied in his child form, it was ugly to behold and they both knew it, but still it was much less obvious than a winged demon standing on his master's shoulder "he is not here, J. but the block is not empty, there could be casualties if we used force against him"

"Let the Templars worry about the casualties, Krumar" he replied coldly "come. We will wait for him" he said and crossed the streets towards the block with his demonic child, they took the elevator and once they arrived in the designated floor, went straight to the flat number that Sam has given him, Jason looked around the hall and once he was sure no one was there, he nodded to Krumar. His child form seemed to crumble as if it was crushed by some invisible force, the sound of bones breaking was audible and in the end, his form was nothing but a sphere of skin and bones that sat itself afire and out of it the little demon appeared with a hideous grin.

He flew to the doorknob and started picking the lock with his long sharp fingernails, Jason was still looking around for any signs of life when he heard the door open. He pushed the door quickly and kicked Krumar inside, then closed the door behind them.

The flat was very neat for a werewolf, everything was in its place, Jason looked around for anything suspicious but found none in the living room and the small kitchen attached to it so he decided to search the bedroom and the bathroom, he whistled softly to Krumar and pointed to the bathroom, Krumar hopped towards the bathroom and Jason headed to the bedroom, he found a large gym bag on the bed, when he shuffled inside it he found a lot of clothes and a small rusted iron rod, the werewolf is preparing to skip town no doubt, he looked around and found the wardrobe opened and empty but for few clothes on its hangers and at the bottom of the wardrobe, he went to the night stand and found a framed picture standing alone, it was Bloodfang in the picture, smiling and holding a small child, much more beautiful than his demon, the little girl seemed no more than ten years old, a beautiful little brunette, Jason smiled at the picture, but then his happiness faded slowly as he remembered his dying daughter lying in bed, as his wife screamed at him and blaming him "a punishment from God for what you are!" she shouted at him as she was crying, Jason was a different man back then, stronger and colder but he loved his family no less, he promised her he will fix this, that he will save her, but he didn't, he only made it worse, instead of just losing a daughter he lost a wife, stupid warlock, he thought bitterly as he remembered what he had done and then the little girl in the photo was no more Bloodfang's daughter, she was his, he gasped and tears gathered in his eyes slowly, "I'm sorry" he whispered to himself.

"Nothing in the bathroom but fur-balls" Krumar startled him, he turned around quickly and found no threat but his little demon, who raised his hands trying to reassure his master "are you alright?" he noticed the tears in his eyes, then saw the framed picture in his hand.

"I.." Jason sniffed and tried to suck his tears in "I need a fuckin drink"

"Are your su.." Jason threw the framed picture on the bed and walked past Krumar in a hurry, leaving the room before his demon could finish the question, Krumar then jumped to the bed and looked at the picture, saw the little girl and knew exactly what happened, his master was broken and the only thing that could temporary fix him and hide his pain was the booze he drowns himself in every night, as he was about to descend from the bed he noticed the iron rod in the pile of clothes inside the bag, he approached it slowly as if it was a stick of dynamite, he grabbed it and flipped it multiple times, then his mouth opened In awe, his eyes widened in whatever fear a demon can actually feel and then he cursed.