Part II (Chapters 3 & 4)

The Templar

"Do you know how the first werewolf was created?" Sarah asked her partner as he was driving, returning to her jolly self, sometimes she gets some weird questions in her head and just pours them on her partner, George didn't mind, he loved her enthusiasm and curiosity, kind of reminds him of those of a child, but without the constant nagging and crying.

"Well" George began with a smile "it is believed that the first recorded Lycan case was George the Third"

"Bullshit!" she said with a smile "I know my history, Sir. George the third died from Porphyria"

"Or" George raised his finger without looking at her "he died from Lycanthropy" Sarah looked at him doubtfully, still trying to find the punchline in her partner's words "if you can't accept the fact that some events in this world actually happened due to causes from the Hidden World, what's the difference between you and any other human?" he glanced at her with a smile and that seemed to convince her for a little while.

"I guess you are right" she nodded and looked at the road ahead.

"No" George disagreed "he totally died from Porphyria, I'm just messing with you" he laughed, and she poked him in the shoulder "no hitting the driver!" he shouted at her.

"You are such an asshole!"

"Language" he tried to sound firm, but his grin failed him "I'm still the superior officer"

She chuckled at this as he stopped in front of their destination; he turned off the engine, and they both exited the car; they adjusted their blazers and red ties and went towards the block, as they approached the doors, George stopped as he heard a clinking sound beneath his boots, he signaled to Sarah with his hand and she stopped as well, George went on one knee and looked at the concrete, a part of it was shimmering, broken glass, he deduced and Sarah knew it too; she looked above searching for the broken window and found it as few curtains swung from outside the apartment where Bloodfang was supposed to be now, then a flash of red appeared on top of her eyelids, but not from the window, she looked higher and found several more flares of red coming from the rooftop and with every flash of light, a shadow of a beast appeared.

"George" she alarmed her partner as her hand went to the scabbard of her pistol, freeing her gun as George looked up and saw what she saw.

"Fire stairs go!" she ran towards them and George followed her swiftly, freeing his gun as well, they climbed the stairs quickly and tirelessly thanks to their training, until they reached the rooftop and saw the battlefield.

A large black werewolf was on top of his victim, biting at him, they couldn't see much of the poor man being attacked by the large humanoid canine, only his legs kicking on the floor, George aimed his gun at the werewolf and shot without warning, the bullet found its target through the werewolf's shoulder, forcing him to stop attacking his prey, the werewolf got up slowly, turned around and growled as he faced his new attackers.

"Wow" Sarah exclaimed in wonder as the werewolf straightened himself into full height, more than eight feet tall he stood and his eyes were bloodshot with rage, the bullet must have made his blood boil and cause him excruciating pain, for they were engraved with the ancient Latin spells that were used in exorcisms, the werewolf showed neither pain or fear though, he showed only anger and as for both pain and fear he was determined to inflict them upon his new preys.

The werewolf barked angrily and went on all fours, his new target was his shooter.

"Take him down!" George shouted and shot a barrage of bullets at the Lycan, Sarah followed her partner and shot her own barrage of bullets, most of the bullets found their marks, the werewolf was slowed to a mere crawl and collapsed at George's feet. The Templars released their guns' magazines and reloaded just in case, George circled the werewolf's body with his gun still aiming at him and kicked one of his hind paws, the werewolf didn't move so George's lowered his gun.