Part III (Chapters 1 & 2)

The Warlock

Krumar's flames teleported them away from the Templars, they appeared in an empty street far away, Jason was dizzy, he almost fell the moment he took a step forward, the wall beside him saved him as he slammed one hand and leaned some of his weight on it, Krumar didn't like what his master was doing to himself.

"Look at you" Krumar said angrily "you almost got killed because of a photo!"

Jason didn't pay attention to him, he just growled angrily as he tried to gain his strength back, just attempting to fight off the werewolf has taken a toll on him, all his muscles were sore and every bone inside him was hurting like hell, he decided to take a minute so he just stopped there, leaned his back to the wall and slid himself until he was squatting against it, he took a smoke out of his pocket and lit it. Krumar jumped in front of him as they both heard sirens wailing in the distance.

"J.J..."

"Shut the fuck up for a second" Jason said as he breathed the smoke out, the smoke soothed him a little and for a second he felt his pain easing, he closed his eyes, Krumar rolled his backwards and crossed his arms waiting for the warlock to cool off.

Like any man, Jason didn't like to be reminded of his mistakes, he knew them quite well and he acknowledged them — at least to himself — and like any father he didn't like to be reminded of his late daughter or how he should feel about her; he knew what Krumar was going to say, and he knew he was right, he just didn't want to give him the satisfaction of being right, one thing he didn't know though is why the Templars were targeting Bloodfang, sure the Templars hunt werewolves all the time, it's their job, but why did they have to hunt Bloodfang specifically today? Was it just bad luck? Or was he involved in something bigger he knew nothing about? Jason didn't like the second alternative and hoped it was just fate being a "dick to him" whatever was the reason though, he knows that they have seen him and it will only be a matter of time before his case reopens and he will be back on the Templars' grid. He cursed as he thought about this, remembering back the days after his wife and daughter were murdered, how the Templars came after him so ferociously like hunting dogs on a rabbit, so close to him they were and for many times he thought this would be it, that they would catch him and it would be the inquisition for him, until one day after surviving one of their many attacks, as he was bleeding and dying, Sam the vampire found him and he lead him to Mary, and the two reached an accord; a favor for a favor, she hid him too well for years and he executed her orders, no questions asked. Now, however, her favor had expired.

He reached for his phone in his coat's inside pocket and dialed her number; it rang, and it rang but she didn't answer; he cursed again and then called her one more time and the same thing happened; he let his head fall back on the wall as he angrily took his last breath from the cigarette and then threw it away.

"She will sell you out" Krumar said "if the Templars knew she was involved with you, she will sell you out just like that" he snapped his fingers, Jason glanced at him and he shook his head, but he knew his demon was right, Mary won't jeopardize her empire for one of her enforcers, specially a warlock with such a high-profile case like his.

"Take me to her" he said and got up slowly to his feet.

"No" Krumar refused "that's too dangerous. What if the Templars have found out that you work for her? They will be swarming all her clubs and hotels looking for you"

"I have to see her" Jason said, looking around to make sure they weren't seen or heard "I have to know what the hell happened tonight"

"I can guess" Krumar glanced away "and you won't like it"