Zen x Reader

Prompt; Pain in past relationships may carry over
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
'I can't belive you made it (Y/N) zens going to be so exited to see you!'

The energetic blonde explains as you look round the part hall. This is the first RFA party you have attended after you took up the role of party coordinator from the late Rika. Everyone in the RFA has been very friendly, but probably the most friendly of them all would be Zen. It was obvious to everyone, but you, that Zen was intrested in you.

As you make small talk with the rest of the RFA, mainly about how you wouldn't download any weird app you found and how you promised to keep safe. You sigh and nod,  you knew it was careless off you but the RFA didn't know why you did it. Luciel, being as diligent as ever, saw your discomfort and pulled you aside for 'security reasons'. As you walk away you can hear the rest of the RFA discussing where Zen was - and the fact your oblivious the the obvious.

'So, (Y/N).. you don't seem like the type of girl to just download an app for fun.. so tell me why did you download it?'

Luciels question was spot on. It wasn't like you to download any app.. so what has possessed you? Was it the fact you were alone and struggling with depression? Was it the fact you had just broken out of a toxic and abusing relationship? Or maybe it was just a mixture of everything. You look over at the redhead and release that you've been staring at him for a while with no comment.

'Oh- erm.. when I joined the RFA I had just broken out of an abusive and toxic relationshi-'

Your cut off by arms wrapping around you. Arms you didn't recognise, Arms of a stranger. You look over at Luciel, who had just realised what happened. You told him about an abusive relationship and now someone you don't recognise is holding you. Tears fill your eyes as the start of a panic attack takes place. In the last few weeks (just pretend the party took longer than 11 days to prepare for lol) you've  forgotten all the fear from your past - but in this moment it all came rushing back like a tidal wave of bad thoughts. You squirm, scream and fight in a panic, anything to break away. Anything to be free.

As soon as the arms that incased you remove themselves you fall to the floor. That's what he made you do after he hurt you, sit on the floor a listen to the barage of abuse you expected. Covering your ears, crouching to the floor, ignoring the world around you. You feel yourself blanking out, a coping mechanism you had developed where the whole world around you disappears - you can't feel anyone touching you. Can see anything or hear anything.

*Zens POV*
What just happened.. One minute I was hugging (Y/N) excited to finally meet the woman I had fallen for and now she's on the floor after having a panic attack, un-responsive to everyone around her. Luciel rushes over and carefully picks her up rushing her out of the room, the rest of the RFA follow concerned for our new member. Even vs here, the atmosphere in the room is tense and the still conscious female stares out into the world with clouded eyes.

Luciel waves his hand in front of her face trying to get any reaction as Jumin calls for a doctor, I mean why a doctor? She's not sick - is she? Yoosungs run off to get some water and Jaehees sat V down as his eye sight is still poor. The room is full of activity but the female we are caring for seems oblivious to it, as if no ones in the room with her. I grab the packet of tissues I always carry on me and walk over to the female in question, crouching down I start to dab away the tears that fall over her cheek. Luciel takes her hand and checks her pulse as the room quietens down and everyone sits around tense, party forgotten at this point. As I work diligently careful to not suddenly disturb her when I notice the clouded look her eyes held disappears.

'(Y/N?)'

I whisper as her eyes focus on me, pulling her hand away from Luciel she grabs my wrist and stops me from removing her tears. She looks round the room, noting everyone is here. Luciel looks at her Concerned, his Amber eyes scan the female in front of us.

'It was Zen (Y/N). He hugged you.. no one else did. You are safe here. Read my lips:
S-A-F-E.'

She nods gently, her eyes falling onto me. The confusion in all our eyes evident as Luciel slaps a hand over his mouth - an apologetic look in his eyes. The female sighs and motions for Luciel to just continue.

'Finish what you started 707'

Her normal cheerful tone, ready to help anyone is replaced with a cold and tired tone, with a hint of fear. Before Luciel can start talking I feel (Y/N) grab my hand her gaze is averted. As Luciel starts to type on his computer a very vague story quickly turns complicate as even the female next to me looks surprised at the amount of detail Luciel says.

'And I've been hacked, haven't I?'

A small smile plays on her face, as she looks at Luciel. He nods and she just shakes her head smiling. She stands and flattens her skirt with her free hand, keeping a hold of my other hand.

'Don't we have a party to manage? Why are we all in here! We have to prove that even without Rika the RFA can run! Oh - her memorial stuff arrived last night. I set up the memorial earlier did any of you see it?'

The cheerful (Y/N) is back and everyone smiles. Yoosung steps forwards and scratches the back of his neck.

'I would hug you..  but I know you don't cope well with that..  but the thank you the memorial is beautiful'

The female let's go of my hands and hugs yoosung- surprising everyone is the room. I feel my heart break - it's clearly not me she loves. It's yoosung. I turn to leave the room when a female coughing gains my attention.

'S-stay Zen..  I need to talk to you'

Her cheeks are flushed a light pink - Jumin must also notice this as he quickly asks her if she has a fever. She shakes her head and quickly users him out the room assuring him a doctor wasn't necessary. Once the room is empty her gaze turns to me and a small smile plays on her lips.

She walks up to me and hugs me tightly, naturally I hug her back. She holds me tightly for what would feel like forever to normal people - but time just stopped when I felt her body on mine. She pulls away slightly from the hug and cups my cheek in her soft hand, I feel myself blush and look down and notice she's looking up.

'I'm not stupid Zen, I got your messages through the messenger.. i just.. don't want to be hurt like that again'

I nod gently, before she stands on her toes and placing an ever so gentle kiss on my lips before pulling away and smiling

'We have a party to attend'