Chapter 1

Posting a chapter every sunday until I have more written.

"Hey, you still got it, buddy." Eugene ruffled Varian's hair.

"Ah! Eugene!" the boy laughed as he opened his door to his bedroom.

"Hello, dear."

Varian gasped as he looked up. There in the center of the room was Gothal. "Mother!"

"Now, is that how you greet your mother, dear?" Gothal flicked her hand and a stream of black rocks separated him and Eugene.

"Eugene!" he screamed in fright.

"Kid!" Eugene's call was muffled by the rocks.

"Oh, come on Varian. Don't be overly dramatic."

Varian whirled around to find his mother already in his face. He yelped and backed up to the rocks. "No, you're dead."

"You wish," Gothal gritted her teeth in annoyance. She ran her hand harshly by his cheek, causing his head to turn to the side. "But you won't get rid of me that easily." Varian looked up at her with his big, fearful blue eyes. "You can't run from your destiny, blue bird." She ran her finger down his blue streak.

" She ran her finger down his blue streak

(Drawing by me)

"No!" he hiccupped in fear.

"Your destiny!" Gothal stepped back, black rocks forming around him. He covered his face with his arms. There was a strange man and woman trapped within the black rocks. Gothal's eyes glowed white as she lifted her hands, causing a line of rocks to burst in his direction.

"No!" Varian cried out. He woke up to his blue streak glowing and standing straight up. He screamed.

His bedroom door flew open as his hair went back to normal. "What's wrong?" Cassandra grasped a sword tightly. Rapunzel was right behind her-with a frying pan?-both ready to defend their little brother. Cassandra lowered her sword when she noticed everything was fine, apart from her little brother was shaking like a leaf in his bed. She noticed the terror in his round eyes. "Hey, what happened?"

"Mother... strange rocks... Eugene..."

"Hey, shhh..." Rapunzel comforted as she hugged him. "It was a bad dream."

"Yeah..." He looked a little better.

"Your highnesses." A woman leaned in. "Duty."

"Of course. We're coming, Cane." Rapunzel helped Varian up and Cane shoved a suit in front of him. "Time to start the day," she said.

R:This is life after happily ever after
And it's all just as sweet as the stories say
I feel wild, free, as light as can be
C,R,V:And ready to explore
With nothing at all standing in our way!