Chapter 16

September 4th 1981

I didn't work until 4pm today so I thought today was going to be another one sat at home, doing nothing. Lately I hadn't had much work and I was getting frustrated.

Sure this place is a dump but it still costs money, and I've been just barley able to pay my part of the rent lately, let alone buy groceries and other necessities, but they haven't been giving me enough work. I'm barely getting fucking paid.

I started thinking of a plan to get some acting jobs I mean here I am in LA and I'm still working as a maid, When I know what I really want to be doing but I need to find auditions I need an agent this is gonna be so complicated.

But today wasn't as boring as I thought because as I was cleaning up the kitchen from the mess the boys made last night playing some stupid drinking game they created,Tommy asked me if I wanted to come to the studio with them to see what they're working on.

I of course agreed because I needed something to curb my boredom so I'm now getting dressed and ready to spend the day at the studio with the boys until my shift at 4:30.

I'd put on some simple bluejeans and a light pink tank top with a denim jacket that matched my jeans, I didn't put on much make up and let my hair fall on my shoulders naturally without any teasing or curling.

It was a casual day and I knew I needed to be heading to work directly from the studio so I had to stay minimal.

I heard a knock at my door,

"Y/N we gotta go are you ready?" Nikki asked.

"Yeah just gotta grab my shoes"

"Okay, Mick's downstairs so we're gonna head down to the car, meet us there alright?"

"Got it." I responded, grabbing a pair of casual ankle boots, hearing the boys shuffle out the door, they were always so all over the place, I heard a thud as they walked out the door, followed by a sarcastic
"Oopsie" from Tommy, and a
"Fuck you asshole" from Vince.

I slip on my shoes, and tie them up, then taking a second to look at myself in the mirror before heading out the door.

Once I got downstairs I saw Micks car, and Tommy, Nikki, and Vince sitting inside. I open one of the back doors,

"shit where do i sit??" I ask when I realize there was only enough room in the backseat for Nikki, Vince, Micks guitar, and Nikki's bass.

Vince looks up, winking at me.

"You can sit on my lap, sugar."

I simply roll my eyes.

"Come on we gotta go!" Tommy says from the front seat.

"ugh fine." I say ducking down into the car and taking a seat on top of Vince, causing him to smirk.

"Don't start Vince." I say causing him and the rest of the boys to laugh.
-

It's been a few hours at the studio and the boys have decided to take a short break.
As they were recording I couldn't help but watch Vince as he sang.

He was so passionate about music and..... well he's cute too.

Okay fine that's why I was looking.

I know it's not good to have a crush on your roommate but I can't help it.

And I think Vince might feel the same way... I mean I'm not sure but I think just maybe he could. I mean we're sleeping together for one thing, but he's been flirting with me too. And calling sugar.

As they walk out of the recording booth I hand Vince a bottle of water.

"Thanks sugar." He says with a smirk, then he leans forward, pecking my cheek, and pressing a hand to my hip as he walks past me.

SEE that's gotta be something.

I bring my hand to my burning cheek, providing some coolness from the cold water I had been holding.

Once my face cools down I turn around and meet the boys in the small sofa I had been sitting on previously.

I plop myself down in a spot between Vince and Tommy.

"You guys sounded amazing!" I exclaimed.

I was honestly so excited for them to get this album out. They're so good! The lyrics were fantastic, Mick's guitar solos were epic and of course Vince's perfect voice was the cherry on top of it all.

"Thanks, we're nowhere near done yet though. We're gonna sound a lot better on the record. Nikki says as he plops himself down next to Tommy.

"I doubt it's every possible for you boys to sound better." I say making all of them smile.

"Well you're gonna hear us again soon. We have a show at the whisky tomorrow night."

"Oh yeah! I keep forgetting. I can't wait." I smile.