chapter 2 - friends

summary : yachi actually sees [name] again.

it was 2 days since yachi met [name]. she wasn't counting how long, it just came naturally. yachi was walking to homeroom class and sat in her seat as her friend, mui talked about her crush on the new employee at the bakery she worked at. yachi wished the best for mui and this newbie but she was not listening to mui. instead, she was thinking about how to improve her volleyball knowledge. it would be good so that she could be more helpful to the team, but also possibly get recognized for her good work by kiyoko. then the door opened, yachi's head perked up.

all of the students were in class so it was random or had to be a transfer student. "is yachi hitoka here?" a lovely voice called. the students looked up to see [name]. the boys who were single, whispered about [name]'s beauty while mui asked why she was asking for yachi. yachi shrugged to her friend. yachi stood up, having no clue how she was supposed to react.
"y-yes..[name]." she mumbled. she was flustered, it was a little embarassing for somebody to be asking for even though class already started. especially with everybody looking.

she walked out of the classroom and looked up at [name] but ever made eye contact. [name] hugged her tight. "oh! it really is you! i searched through all the yachi names for you." yachi awkwardly hugged back. [name] was awfully clingy to a girl who she met 2 days ago (she wasn't counting.)

"i'm probably being clingy to you, but i'm just really excited that somebody would come to our track event." she said softly. "so i'm just wanted to thank you, again." she said. yachi nodded. she nervously asked if she could go back into the classroom. "okay, but can you go to the next game for me? we can go get frozen yogurt after my parents see that people go to the events!" she whined. yachi didn't know what to say, she didn't want to lie but she didn't want to go to the next event. she had volleyball things to learn about. "y-yea?" she said hesitant.

yachi could have just said yes to a date. she decided not to dive to deep into the fact that she just said yes to a event with a girl that she doesn't know.

————————
she vented to hinata and kageyama when she was tutoring them, as she was a little stressed out.

"h-hinata..what do you do when you say yes to a event that you don't want to go to." she said with concern.

"you don't go." kageyama answered for him. "i wasn't gonna say that!" the orange haired boy argued. "boke! if you don't want to go, stand them up!" kageyama yelled.

kageyama was making this sound more like a date then it was supposed to. "yachi! don't leave them there, go to the event! you'll make friends, especially if it's a volleyball event!" he said with pride. "all that goes on your mind is volleyball, boke! it's probably a date!" kageyama yelled. "like you're any different!" hinata whined. they continued to argue with each other.

yachi decided on 2 things that night.
1. hinata and kageyama are not good at giving advice.
2. she was only going to become friends with [name] and this is not a date.

 she was only going to become friends with [name] and this is not a date