chapter 3 - heart attack

summary : [name] makes a unexpected visit to the club.

it had been 3 days now since [name] invited yachi to hangout. it was now the beginning of after school club, and yachi was standing awkwardly close to kiyoko. she fiddled with her pen and looked around the gym. 'i really should learn more about the game..i'm doing nothing standing here.' she thought. she glanced at the ravenette besides her. kiyoko had glasses, made for her face and beautiful eyes that yachi swore she could get lost in. she had slightly parted pink lips. she turned away quickly, it was embarrassing to have such a big crush. she was flustered now.

the door opened again. she was pretty sure who it was this time. she turned around and saw orange wavy hair and brown pretty eyes again. [name]. '[name] is so unpredictable.' she thought. the older girl hugged her, causing the blonde's cheeks to get tinted red. yachi swore she was gonna have a heart attack when [name] hugged her. the girl smiled widely. "it's a little unexpected for me to be here, isn't it yachi?" she said. yachi nodded silently.

hinata was confused who this girl was who was hugging yachi. she was pretty but yachi never mentioned a pretty girl other than kiyoko. he finally got up and nudged kageyama, who quickly became irritated.
"kageyama, it's the girl who invited yachi to the event!" he said.
"it's a date, hinata boke." he replied, disinterested. he hit hinata with a volleyball, trying to get hinata focused again. hinata rolled his eyes at kageyama but got back focused, as his head was not prepared to be hit with more volleyballs.

yachi heard the freak duo have their small argument and the tips of her ears became red. she knew that sugawara would catch on. [name] talked and rambled to yachi, keeping yachi busy which was nice. it was nice of her to keep her company and [name] is so charismatic. it was admirable of her. just admirable of her. she wished she could keep a conversation longer with people. (a specific person but for yachi's heart, she was thinking generally.)

[name] was enjoyable company. not like kiyoko and her's comfortable silence but it was comfy and warm company.

"yachi needs to stop showing off her girlfriend." sugawara said playfully, he whispered to daichi slightly loud so that [name] could hear.

[name] heard sugawara's joke and laughed heartfully. "yachi-chan, already making moves on me?" the girl said playfully. yachi then became a stuttering mess. "i-wel-you've got it all-" she gave up trying to defend herself at this point. she decided to ignore the whole conversation and change the subject to track, for the fourth time. now, as she basked in [name]'s lovely voice and charming nature, she didn't mind the joke sugawara made.

not one bit.