1. House Of Cards

There is something about a small town that brings everyone together, at least that's what my mom always told me. I must be the exception. This Town, Oak Springs, is beyond a roller coaster. I've been pulled apart, torched, hurt, broken down. But I've also been in love, euphoric. I found friendships the strength steel. I found trust and loyalty, warmth and believe it or not, a home.

                            New York, New York.
I've always been happy, bubbly. I am the party, everyone celebrates me. With the rich, lavish lifestyle I've lived, why wouldn't they. I have everything I've ever wanted.

"Are you sure you want that color? Blue doesn't look good on you," Lance said hugging me from behind.

"Oh, I though it looked good," I sigh.

"The red one looks better. Wear that," he throws the dress over to me.

I nod and put the dress on before finishing my makeup. Finally my black masquerade mask to complete the look.

"How do I look?" I smile.

"You look okay. You're parents are waiting, come on, angel" he drags me along.

In the car I tried again to take a picture of us, but he took my phone away. He always does these things, it's out of love, he just has his own cute way of showing it.

When we pull up to the address of the next party planned for my family, body guards open the doors and brush off the red carpet. I hold my little sister, Laila's, hand as we step out of the car. Chris, my brother, stood straight and faced the cameras. Lance took my hand, well he missed my hand and pulled my wrist on accident. Cameras flash, I occasionally stopped to smile and wave, posing confidently. My father was at the very top at his hospital, ruling everyone in his building and many branches, therefore being known by practically anyone with eyes. My mother was the best attorney around too. Tonight was a celebration on her newest victory, it happens a lot, my mother never loses. This case had to be one of my least favorites. A mother lost her daughter to a murderer.

Inside, my friend Tara greeted me with happy smiles and a beautiful dress, but Lance wanted to dance. He was possessive, and while he doesn't need to be, I like it. It makes me feel loved. We walked to the back of the venue to do what we do best, drink.

"Here I brought the good stuff for a special occasion," he pops three little tablets into my drink.
I smile at him, him and his drugs. It was always a rush when I was with him. Gorgeous, kind, and of course, obsessed with me.

He gives me everything I never knew I wanted, I feel free with the things he gives me. I'm living my best life here. After four more I felt off. Every time I watched the tablets fizz inside my drink, turning it a poisonous purple. This wasn't the usual stuff was it?

He wouldn't hurt me, would he? That's silly.

We danced, and danced. I only was allowed to talk to my sister, Chris, and the owners. Lance kept me all to himself though. Chris had to pull me away, but I always kept gazing to him as he smiled and talked to other girls my age.

The party was a hit, per usual. The top of the top from all around New York was here celebrating my family. I talk to many, but never was aloud to hold a conversation for long, Lance is just so cute and needy. 

"Can I go dance with Tara, she's been trying to talk to me all night," I laugh.

"No, stay here with me, angel" he rolls his eyes.

Empire State of Mindजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें