SAVAGE LOVE Part III

I cannot believe this version of me has enrolled in Dept

I cannot believe this version of me has enrolled in Dept. of Physics in Seoul National University (Top University in whole of SK). I keep blinking when I see the campus. “So beautiful” I exclaim and with the help of college map I go to my class keeping my head low so that if someone recognizes me they need to approach me first. 

It seems I have few acquaintances as all of them enrolled in this department are super busy with studies and hardly hangout. I understand all the lectures and take notes naturally. At the end of the day I get text from Jungkook. 

“Ya are your classes over, I’ll be waiting in caffe-pascucci” and adds a smile emoji at the end. “I’ll be there in few minutes, pick a good seat” I reply him back so that he can wait for me in the café itself. As soon as I enter the café he waves at me. I notice few girls staring at and whispering “Which Dept. is he from? Is he an idol? His looks and body are giving me nosebleed?”

I hide my smile and take my seat. He is dressed in his same all black outfit. I start tutoring him naturally and he carefully listens. I give him pointers on how to manage time too. We order Caramel Macchiato which reminds of the same name BTS song. I start humming the tune. He smiles “Ya what song is that? Seems nice” he says. “Uhm it’s an English song, I don’t know the name” I give an excuse. Deep down I wish if he would start humming but he goes back to studying.

We go back home to find Halmeoni preparing Kimchi (Side dish). We offer her our help and change our clothes and begin helping.

“Kookie where were you? Did you – “she asks him and I reply “Halmeoni he is starting over and taking seriously, I was tutoring him” I reply making her smile with relief. “I got a phone call today from your seonsaengnim (teacher) she expressed her happiness that you were all focused and even answering lot of questions in class. You keep this up, halmeoni will buy you new sneakers next month” she tells him making Jungkook happy. 

We taste the kimchi which is perfect and leave it for fermentation. We have dinner and get ready to sleep. I start wondering – Will I be able to meet other members too? Jungkook has few similar qualities from the Jungkook in my universe, I haven’t heard him singing till now. Whenever I look at myself I know it’s me but it is not me from my universe. Few days have been passed and I kind of like it here now living with a loving halmeoni and not the BTS maknae just Jeon Jungkook. Soon days pass like that and I move back to my place only to change into new clothes and study.

 Soon days pass like that and I move back to my place only to change into new clothes and study

Its autumn in Seoul and the tree colors are mesmerizing. We are in the café – the staff is used to our ordering menu by now. Jungkook is getting better and better, he even made it to the top ten in his school midterms. “Hey aren’t you in our class? Want to join us for drinks later tonight?” asks my classmate distracting Jungkook from solving questions. “She’s busy sorry?” he says on my behalf. “Busy with what? We have finished our tests and winter holidays are few days away” says the classmate who seems arrogant now – he has a round face with square spectacles, hair parted mid ways, short and chubby. If Jungkook throws a punch at him, he will be resting the whole holidays. 

“I am sorry but can you hang out with others, we have plans, hope you don’t mind” I say since I need to be in good terms with him. The fangirl inside of me is already punching him for being rude to Jungkook. “Okay your loss” he says and leaves us alone. “Thanks for getting rid of him else I would have…” says Jungkook not ending the sentence as I know what he would have done to him. I laugh sipping my drink.

“Ya let’s go shopping tomorrow!” he says making me raise my brows. “What for?”  I ask. “Just I wanted to buy few things” he says. “What things?” I ask. “I have been working part – time when you were busy with your tests, I have made enough to buy some gifts” he says. “Wah Jeon Jungkook you’ve really grown up, gifts and all but for who?” I ask him, crossing my fingers hoping he has no girlfriend in his school. He rubs his neck “I want your help to buy gifts for halmeoni, eomma and appa and they don’t have to know it’s from me”. 

“Why not? It’s your hard-earned money” I tell him, a gift coming from me would make no sense. “Not right now. Once I get into college then..then you can tell them…Jebal” he begs. “Cool but on one condition” I say and continue “You will owe me something in return at the right time I will let you know” he thinks for a while and agrees calling it a deal.

“By the way where are we going?” I ask him – I never went out shopping till now – it was only my place, halmeoni’s place and college. I feel excited as I try remembering the vlogs I have watched back in my universe. “Hongdae where else? Do you have any other place in mind” he asks. “Nope I had the same” I smile. Hongdae market is known for its youthful crowd. It has live street performance as well. It will be a fun hangout. It’s so thoughtful of him to buy gifts for his family before buying himself anything. He repeats his clothes so often and wears sneakers gifted from his halmeoni. At first, he seemed so...I don’t know not like BTS Jungkook but as days pass by he seems more like him.

“Quit staring at me and explain me this problem” he says distracting my daydream and making me blush. We call it a day and head to our homes. He drops me and reminds about the shopping. I go back and jot all the details in a new diary I purchased. I am keeping notes to help the other me if and only if I return back to my universe. Since I am reading theories in physics I stumbled upon parallel universe theory and for now I think my theory holds good – When I opened the door I made a way into this universe how I don’t know yet? Since I came here maybe the person I am now moved to mine or some other. The bad part is now I don’t feel like leaving this place. If just I could find the way to exit – I know I am being selfish but I am never going to take that way in the first place. It’s not that I don’t like my life there – it’s just that everyone and everything here is growing onto me and making me hold onto it tight.

----------------------------------
Parallel Universe

From science fiction to science fact, there is a concept that suggests that there could be other universes besides our own, where all the choices you made in this life played out in alternate realities. The concept is known as a "parallel universe," and is a facet of the astronomical theory of the multiverse

Source - google