SAVAGE LOVE FINAL PART

“Nuguna saranghaneun

Maeryeokjeogin naega

Hanyeojareul jjigeotji

Areumdaun geunyeo moseup

Neomuna seksihae

Eolguldo syabangsyabang

Mommaedo syabangsyabang

Modeungeosi syabangsyabang”

An old Korean trot song ‘Shabang Shabang’ selected by Abeoji comes up on the screen. Abeoji starts singing and Eomma joins in for the chorus. It has been an hour since we arrived at noraebang. We have finished two rounds and now going for the third. Good vibes build up in the room, the rain in the morning almost buried our plans but the clouds cleared out in the afternoon.

“Ya hurry make up an excuse and meet me near the counter” says Jungkook and excuses himself to go collect more snacks and drinks. “Halmeoni I’ll go to the washroom” I tell halmeoni who is taking a break on the seat. “Okay, make sure nobody catches you too” she winks knowing it’s a lie. Abeoji and Eomma are so engrossed in the song that they don’t bother when I go out.

As I head towards the counter, someone from another room pulls me inside. Before I can scream Jungkook shushes me. “We have this room for 15 minutes, don’t make a noise” he says. “You scared me” is say and lightly punch him.

“Umm..take a seat” he says and I pick up a pillow to place it on my lap. “Okay Um Where to begin?” he says biting his lips. “Calm down and begin anywhere” I tell him. “Alright, I have chosen your university to continue studies and they have called in for an interview tomorrow” he says and before I say anything he continues “and this is not want I wanted to say….there is a reason I chose your university…it’s you” he says and starts looking at his feet. “Well that’s a great choice we can be together and see each other a lot” I reply not sure what he is trying to convey and feeling tipsy cause of the drinks. 

He lifts up his head “No I mean to say…” and suddenly there is a knock on the door. He opens it and it’s the staff “Sir where should I take these snacks and drinks” he says “It’s there let me help you” he tells him and comes in “I’ll come soon, stay here” he says and heads out. It suddenly strikes me is he trying to confess something. I start blushing, I mean back in my universe it would be a dream or a fanfiction. But, now in this universe – he is just a guy and I am just a girl who are busy trying to win their dreams, and if he is going to ask me to date him – I might die.

There is a knock again on the door. Must be him I think and open it. There is a strong flash – pure white making my eyes blind. I close my eyes and start feeling dizzy. I don’t know how but I drift off to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beep

Beep

Beep

Beep

I wake up feeling tired. I reach out for my cellphone which is beeping so much. I open one of the eye and stare at the screen.

Sajangnim (Boss) – gongjunim (princess) where are you? It’s been 5 minutes since 5 am.

Sajangnim – Ya where are you? What is taking so long?

Sajangnim – I am counting now 1..2..3..

Sajangnim – Since you are not replying. You must be sleeping, Right?

Sajangnim – Wakey Wakey you’re salary has been deducted.

I just keep looking at the messages feeling still sleepy. I toss away the cellphone and scratch my head. I look at the ceiling then at the room and it slowly hits me that I was in the room waiting for Jungkook and now I am somewhere else entirely. I wake up for good – it is strange I am wearing satin robes. My room smells expensive unlike the one where I was staying. I get a call – I pick up “Kookie, is that you?” I ask but it’s not.

It’s a different voice – a baritone one that I have heard before. “Hello, Ms. Secretary is that you? Are you okay?” asks a concerned voice and I play along “Yes who is this” I reply. “Wahh look at the guts – You are late! Where are you?” screams the same voice. “Umm just give me a minute” I say and he does not seem convinced, he rants for a while and ends the call warning that I meet him without my coffee. 

I take quick look at everything – an expensive apartment with lots of luxurious interior, a walk-in closet with clothes which looks as if it belongs to an actress. I scan the apartment and find an ipad without a lock. A calendar filled with lots of reminder flashes the screen. A message pops –up ‘Sajangnim’s Press conference’. I get a call again, this time from another person who claims to be my driver and informs me that we are already late and he has been waiting for long. I take a deep breath, this is not my universe or the one with Jungkook. I have jumped into another one after last night – I look at the clock that shouts I have 18 more minutes left to meet this person. I start getting ready – the apartment is so high-tech that the wardrobe chooses my attire for me. I pick up the ipad to go through it on the way. I go down the elevator and meet up the driver.

“He is definitely going to throw tantrums” says the driver shutting the car door after I get seated. I stay mum and start going through all there is in the ipad.