Festivals

As Ethan watches the fireworks he starts to wonder and looks at his father
"Hey dad!"

He says with a bubbly smile.
"Do you think I can be an Upper rank? I wonder if I can do it!"

His father hesitates but looks
at him "Ethan, you already know what happened to your mother, I wouldn't want to lose you either." Ethan looks down wondering if his mom would agree with him "I'm sorry for bringing it up" Ethans dad looks at him and says in a reassuring voice "Hey it's okay son, don't be sorry. I won't stop you from pursuing your dreams just please be safe." Ethan lights up again in shock "Really?!" His father laughs, "Why yes of course, just please send me letters so I know your safe." Ethan almost cries tears of joy, but hugs his dad as tight as he can "E-Ethan, let go. Not to tight, I'm an old man remember?" Ethan let's go of his dad "Sorry dad, I'm just glad that you're letting me become an upper rank!" Smiles warmly then runs off to go train, swinging around a wooden stick. Ethan's dad looked over at his son before muttering to himself. "I wish she was still here...I'll see her once again, someday..." Skip to the present time. "I CAN'T STOP THE BLEEDING! GET ME MORE BANDAGES!" I signed at my team, as they run to get more bandages "Please hold on Ichiro! I can save you" before he could even let me finish signing to him. Ichiro signs to me "please. Forget about me, Ethan. Focus on your team. You need..to go. Get on out of here. You need to see your father." I shake my head, and sign to him "I cannot leave you, I must help you or" he cuts me off, before pushing me off. And what seems to be yelling at my team to go on and leave him "N-NO!! NO YOU-NO I CAN'T LEAVE YOU!" I thought to myself, as my team grab me and drag me away with them. No matter how much I struggled, they would not let me go. The last thing I see was Ichiro, giving me a weak smile. I screamed and slurred over my words, "PLEASE!!" My team didn't stop dragging me away to safety...then I looked at the room where Ichiro was injured in, and all I seen was ash. Ash everywhere. I was shocked, knowing the room collapsed and my friend died in there..."ICHIRO!!!" I yelled, even though I couldn't hear myself. Then so suddenly, I passed out. Due to exhaustion, when I awoke, my team was around me. they seemed to be weeping in sorrow, my head hurt, along with my chest, legs and arm. I felt dizzy, unsure of where I was. Then, so suddenly I remembered him "Ichiro...wait...WHERE'S ICHIRO?!" I jolted up and tried to get up but she stopped me "...Reina.." she's grabbed my shoulders, and pushed me down onto the bed, I could read her lips "Please Ethan, don't go. Don't even get up." I coughed up blood when she pushed me down onto the bed with such force "I'm sorry." She said. I signed "...Where's Ichiro..?" My team looked down "He passed, I'm so sorry Ethan." My eyes widened, unsure of how to process this news. "No..he's not.." I had a small flashback to when the room collapsed and began to cry "..Ichiro's...dead.." My friend, dead it was all my fault. "Ichiro." I thought, he's all I could think about. Why?....

(Wow! That was a lot to write!! 618 words! Wow!! I hope you enjoyed this first chapter!)