chapter 1 part 3 the pitiful princess

Sticks n stones

I found my way back to ruby palace, the place a grew up. It wasn't plain by any means, but it still was lacking in comparison

Lily had prepared my breakfast "guess she knew I couldn't do it" I said aloud. My face showed no sign of joy, no matter how good the meal was I still felt hollow. After finishing my meal I sat by my window looking out "I was wrong, the sky doesn't look bright." I spent the rest of the day in my room.

It was the next morning, Lily had woken me up, and dressed me. Today my dress was yellow, my hair in a ponytail once again. While doing my work a maid came to deliver a message, it was from Jennette

The letter read
"I'm sorry about yesterday, will you please have tea with me? It doesn't feel right not becoming closer. Love Jennette"

'So you knew...well I doubt your sweet heart fully understood'. I'll have to accept, if I don't she'll go crying to father. My one concern with visiting Jennette is her aunt, that woman has had it out for me since the beginning.
Not much I can do about it though

I made my way to the emerald palace.

As I was walking to emerald palace I saw a wich, she's not actually a wich, but still.

"Well, well has our second princess finally decided to leave her room? Like it'll do you any good" Jennette's aunt said. Damn this woman, tsk she's really mocking a princess, well it's nothing new, even the maids did it.
'Perhaps It's true... maybe I really am a mistake, but enough of that, I must keep my head high'.

"Good morning countess rosalia" I put on a smile "are you trying a new style? It looks...interesting" AH! two can play at that game.

I've never been very good at standing up for myself, but for some reason countess rosalia brings out this side of me. Just when countess rosalia was about to retort my question, Jennette came running from the other hallway smiling.

"Auntie, sister! What are you two chatting about?" her big cristal blue eyes were beautiful and absolutely glowing. Her dress was far more extravagant than mine, it had lots of puffs and folds. 'Isn't she a bit over dressed? ah.. maybe I'm just underdressed'. I gave a bow to Jennette and she giggled.

"Oh dear, are you two adorable children having tea today? Well I mustn't bother you" countess rosalia put her hand on Jennette's head affectionately.

Jennette smiled even brighter. "All right auntie" then looked to me "come athy let's have tea" she grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

We were in her bedroom, it was amazingly big, and beautiful. The window took up practically the whole wall, the curtains were a soft pink, and they matched the bed well, The carpet was a light white ish pink. The furniture was light wood color, but still stained brown. It was all so..pink

We sat down at the tea table.
"How do you like it?"
The tea Jennette poured was very sweet, not too my liking, but it'd be rude to say so.

"It's wonderful" a tried my best to smile. Jennette looked happy.

"Hehe I'm so glad you like it, I was planning on giving father some later at the picnic" she closed her eyes in a soft smile

'what? Why did you bring that up?? For one you know I'm not invited, and second father will definitely hate this tea, it's taste is sickeningly sweet, not in a gentle flowery way, but a sugary way.'

"well um, that's...good" I looked down unable to look at her. It felt like a cloud of pain came over my head.
'who am I kidding? Father will love the tea even if it's burnt'

"Yeah it's great isn't it? Father is always so busy yet he makes time for me". Jennette put her hands to her face.

'jennette...is this why? Is this why he loves you, and not me? Is it because you're oblivious, and naive? You're like a child'. I wiped my face with the old handkerchief Lily gave me years ago. Even after I fell silent, Jennette continued to talk, and talk about dresses, cake shops, and all the people she's met since coming to the palace.

After the dreadful tea time was over I headed back to ruby palace.