chapter 1 part 5 the pitiful princess

Morning dew

I spent the next few weeks having tea with my sister Jennette. Halfway through tea she'd ask me for help with something, I'd have no reason to decline, so I helped her everytime. She even told me about her crush on ijekiel, tho I doubt he feels the same way, after all they were raised together since childhood, he just seemed like more of a brother, I dare not say that out loud though.

Back when I was younger I tried getting close to my father, but to no avail. 'was it because I am lacking? Was my existence truly a mistake?' these thoughts plagued my mind, filling me with doubt, but perhaps if I can be of use to Jennette, father will have to show me at least some sort of love.

It was a new day, but at this point they all looked the same to me. I dressed myself once again, and headed out to see Jennette. When I was in emerald palace Ijekiel stopped me for a moment.

"Good morning princess Athanasia" he had a handsome face never without a smile I could understand Jennette's feelings, but that smile....it looked so empty...

Ijekiel bowed to me. His hair shining a bright silver. His clothes white and gold.

"Good morning to you as well" my smile was small but it should suffice for now. "The weather is lovely today, don't you think?" God how I hate small talk, but I don't have anything else to talk about, my life is bland.

"Uh yes it is quite beautiful, perfect day to take a walk" his words were sweet, but he looked sorrowful.

Instinctively I put my hand on his cheek without realizing it. Ijekiel, and i locked eyes, standing frozen in place, my delicate hand still on his soft face.

"I..I apologise, it's just...you looked so sad" his eyes, they were so familiar, it was like looking in a mirror. As I was about to move my hand he grabbed it, still keeping it close to his face

"Thank you really, but there's no need to worry. In all honesty I should be the one comforting you". his voice was gentle, a slight grin escaped his lips.

It felt like we were alone in this world, Standing there in the middle of a quiet hallway.

As to not disturb the peace, I let out a whisper "I.....thank you, but I assure you I am in no need of comforting". I didn't intend to sound so cold, but as a princess I shouldn't be so close to a man alone, what if someone sees us, and gets the wrong idea, it would break Jennette's heart.

"It seems we both have the same answer, though I don't believe yours" ijekiel laughed a bit. "I should be on my way, and so should you". Ijekiel kissed my hand, turned around, and walked away.

'uh!' my face was red, red! RED! so embarrassing, I'm glad no one saw.

Our conversation was something, but I'm glad we talked even just for a bit. It might just be me, but his eyes almost looked brighter. I smiled softly.

Just then a girl In the shadows watching ran off.

Spectator pov

'uh!? What is going on?? Why was ijekiel, and sister acting so close?' Jennette ran in the direction of her aunt's room. 'no, no it can't be! I've told athy how much I like ijekiel, I know she'd never..'

Jennette banged on her aunt's door
*Bang* *bang* "Auntie! Auntie!!".

Countess rosalia opened the door "whatever is the matter? Oh dear, Jennette why are you crying?"

Jennette collapsed, crying in her aunt's arms. "A-athy, and-and ijekiel *whaaahhh* they were talking alone *sob* and athy, she-she touched ijekiel's cheek" Jennette could barely talk over her tears.

"How did ijekiel react? I'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding" countess rosalia patted her nieces head, trying to console her.

"But, but after they were done talking i-ijekiel kissed her hand!" Jennette's teary eyes looked at countess rosalia.

"There there, that is simply I formality, I assure you there is no need to get so upset" Rosalia smiled.

"Are you sure auntie?" Jennette looked up at rosalia, her tears finally coming to a stop

"Has your auntie ever been wrong before? And if you're still worried I can always talk to ijekiel" Rosalia whipped away Jennette's last tear.

"Ok auntie" Jennette smiled. She said goodbye and went back to her room.

"Tsk" after Jennette left rosalia's face looked angered
'damn that foolish boy, I'll have to do something about this.'

End of chapter 1

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Thank you for reading!!!! I hope you enjoyed chapter one :> I'll post chapter 2's art today. Btw If there's any confusion, athy hasn't died yet.