9

Accused

"Why are we here?" i asked when he parked his car near the port. My jaw dropped when someone suddenly greeted us.

"Dinner in a cruise." he calmly answered.

"It's already ten oclock in the evening!" i exclaimed, masyado nang late para sa dinner! Delayed iyong flight niya kaya mas lalong natagalan. Madaming ilaw sa paligid, bigla akong nanlumo at nahiya dahil sa suot ko! This place is too grand!

"Ang daya mo! Hindi mo man lang ako pinagbihis ng magandang dress!" ang romantic ng lugar na 'to para mag loose tshirt lang. I turned to him and frowned.

"It's not a surprise if i told you. I reserved this place for tonight." he chuckled as he messed with my hair.

"Fine." I smiled weakly and nodded. My inner spoiled brat self wanted to whine so bad! Pinipigilan ko lang kasi diba? I am a changed person now. I am trying so hard to be mature enough in this confusing relationship.

Nakakapanghina namang tumabi sa kaniya, nagmumukha akong alipin. Excited pa ako kanina pero parang natabunan na ng hiya ngayon.

"You looked upset." He burst out laughing when i walked so slow towards the cruise.

"I am not."

Binati naman kami ng mga staff sa cruise nang nakapasok na kami. A smile formed on my lips when i realized we're alone in the cruise. The place was decorated romantically!

And there's a bouquet of roses too!

"Ewan ko sayo." i looked away from his gaze then looked around the place and let myself be mesmerize by the view. We started moving and i can see the busy city, traffic and buildings!
Abot tenga na yata ang ngiti ko. He is being so cocky right now! He knows that my annoying self will like this surprise.

"It's just the two of us right now. You dont really have to be in a dress to look good--" he laughed when i immediately roll my eyes, naalala ko na naman iyong outfit ko.

"Hindi mo ba alam? This is a dream! Perfect na sana kung maganda iyong outfit ko." he just laughed because of my rants.

"Diba? We'll drink wine and take a picture with this beautiful background." nanghihinayang na sabi habang tinuturo iyong mga naglalakihang building at mga kumikinang na city lights. Romantic na sana iyong dinner pero parang naging comedy bigla dahil sa pambahay kong suot.

"I'm wearing slippers!" halos maiyak na siya sa kakatawa ng tinuro ko iyong paa ko.

"Yep! Gucci signature slides..." he nodded eagerly as if it will comfort me! This asshole. I know he's just trying to empathize with me.

"I'm serious!"

"Baby, we'll come back here next time." he cupped my cheeks and softly leave a kiss on my forehead.
"And make sure to wear your prettiest dress and--"

"Fine." i sighed and stopped whining. Wala naman akong magagawa, nandito na kami at nakahanda na iyong dinner. He suddenly kissed my lips and chuckled before he guided me back to my seat.

I dont know why but i badly wanted things to go my way. I wanted it to be perfect.

I was happy when i realized we are having a cruise dinner because i saw this scene on the movie!

I dreamed of this when i was a little girl!

But then i realized i wasn't the lady in the movie. This is not scripted.

I am in my lounge wear and a slipper!

Life cant be perfect.
It is not a fairytale.

"You looked so good." i complemented him because it's true, he really looked so good but subtly trying to emphasize that i am underdress for the occasion.

"You're beautiful, Celene." he glanced at me. He caught my eyes and locked our gazes for a moment. My heart increased in beating so i tried to breathe slowly for air. His eyes darkened as he slowly skimmed down my body. Fuck!

I reach for my wine glass and sip then i saw him smirked, raising his brows at me. I suddenly coughed and immediately wiped my mouth with the table napkin.

"You're still pretty without the clothes on." he continiued, I literally choked myself with my own saliva!

He immediately went up to me and handed me the water. I suddenly shuddered when i felt his touch on my skin.

"I know how to drink water, Lincoln." i panicked and tried to dismissed him. Binitawan niya naman iyong baso at hinayaan akong uminom. He is watching my every move while i am trying so hard to avoid his gaze.

"Shut it, Lincoln." ang bastos talaga ng taong 'to. Naku! Baka magkakasakit si Tita Ellen pag nalaman niya lahat ng mga kagaguhan ng anak niya.

"You're really crazy about me, huh? It made me think how you found me at the beach. I doubt you didn't know me knowing you are my cousin's friend." i glare at him accusingly.
"I wont be surprised if you planned everything--"

"You dont really remember what happened that night? You kissed me first and you initiated--" he smirked confidently at me.

"For sure i didn't do the first move. Impossible." i laughed cockily.

"Just admit it, Celene. I know you're just acting." he glared at me and raised his brows.

"I dont believe that you forgot how you gasp and begged for me." he continued.

"You're lying." I shut my eyes trying to control my irritation.

"I'll make you remember then." he raised his brows as if he's challenging me.

"It doesn't matter now." i breathe deeply and frowned. This asshole really knows how to play his game ,huh? I caught him smiling proudly as if he just won a debate battle.

Natahimik kami nang dumating iyong waiter dala ang dessert. Malapit narin kami sa port at ibig sabihin nun ay patapos na rin iyong dinner.

Hindi na ako nagsalita pa para maiwasan na ang pag-aaway naming dalawa.

"It does matter. I dont want you to accused me of forcing myself on you, Celene." he sighed. He looked hurt for a second but he immediately looked away from my gaze and sip on his wine.

I felt a sudden pang of pain in my chest but decided to shrug and dismissed the feeling.

How did this romantic dinner turns to a battleground?

"I'm sorry." i breathe deeply before i lifted my gaze back to his eyes. Nasa loob na kami ng sasakyan. Kanina pa kami hindi umiimik sa isa't isa. Pagkatapos kumain ay bumaba na rin kami ng cruise at bumalik sa kotse.

I know he got hurt of what i have said earlier. It's like saying that he raped me that night at the beach. And i know that he's not that kind of person.

"I know we're both drunk that night to give consent--" i am stuttering so hard trying to explain and say sorry.

"You believed that i am capabale of doing bad things to you?" he cut me off.

"No... I know you're not that kind of person." i panicked as i looked at his bloodshot eyes.

"You really cant remember anything?" he asked.

"Celene." i heard his voice calling my name.

"I'm sorry..." i bowed down and shook my head. I cant even looked at his eyes right now. I dont know what to explain and i cant find a right word to say. His eyes looked so hurt.

"I'm so sorry." i panicked when i his hands on my wrist. I shook my head as the tears on my eyes fall harder on my cheeks. I shut my eyes as i slowly felt the throbbing pain in my chest.

"Celene." his voice is calmer now. He cupped my face and i saw his furrowed brows. His eyes looked confused staring at me.

"I am sorry for accusing you of raping me, i know its a bad--" my voice stutter while my eyes looked straight to his. Tears keep on streaming down on my cheeks. I felt guilty and embarassed. His bloodshot eyes, staring at me intently keeps on replaying in my head. He's hurt.

He shook his head and softly pull my head closer to his body, resting my head on his chest. I felt him softly caressing my back with his voice hushing me to stop crying.