chapter 4

~Ariana's POV~

"Bitch you'll be fine, relax."

"Vic, I'm shitting myself." I replied to my best friend over FaceTime, rushing hurriedly around my kitchen counter to drain the homemade linguine I just made. Boiling water poured into the sink, steam rising rapidly. I heard Victoria laugh over the line before speaking again.

"Chill the fuck out girl! You look great, despite the flour on your tits."

I audibly gasped, glancing downwards to the best of my abilities to see spots of flour on my chest.

"Dude, fuck my life." I groaned, trying to find a paper towel. "Fuck! Where are they??"

"I haven't seen you this antsy about having someone over before." Victoria laughed. I quickly brushed off my hands and walked back over to my phone which was propped up against a salt shaker, placing my hands on my hips.

"You don't understand...she's fucking fine as hell. And like, the cutest. I swear. On God."

"Yeah yeah I know. You haven't stopped saying that." Vic groaned and I couldn't help but giggle.

I've become more aware of my sexuality, despite me not wanting to label myself. I do know for sure, however, that I love women.

I honestly have no idea why I feel this giddy around her, or why the hell I felt compelled to have Daniel over earlier to do my makeup for dinner.

I look more prepared to shoot a music video than serve pasta for a beautiful girl.

"Okay." I let out a breath, adjusting my short white dress lightly before outstretching my arms to my best friend. "Look okay?"

"Girl you're hot and you know it." Victoria hyped me up, nodding her head in approval and I grinned cheekily, curtsying lightly.

The grin went away however as soon as it came and I pouted. "I like her a lot, Vic."

"Like as in she's sweet? Or like as in let's get nasty?"

"Jesus Christ." I laughed, shaking my head and looking downwards, adjusting my high pony which was slicked back lightly with a black headband. I left a bang out as well. "I don't know. All I know is that she makes my heart feel so fucking happy. Just her presence and shit, ya know what I mean? Like I get that giddy and carefree feelin'. She doesn't even have to try to impress me, cause she already does. She's like, the real thing-"

"Bitch, it hasn't even been twenty four hours and you're already simping." Victoria snorted and I felt myself blush lightly.

"No shit. Is it obvious?"

"Very."

I jumped at the sudden ring of my doorbell and I felt my heart drop to my ass in excitement and a tinge of nervousness.

"Fuck me."

"Tell her that and not me." Victoria laughed out and I felt my eyes widen, grabbing my phone and holding it up to my face.

"I hate you." I groaned.

"You love me. Now go get em', tiger! Also, you got some flour on your face-"

I hung up on her without realizing and my eyes widened, bringing my hand up to my cheek to feel a powdery substance on it.

Panicked, I looked to the front door and to my bathroom, debating if I had time to run in and wash the flour off my cheek.

"Fuck it." I mumbled to myself, shuffling quickly to the door. The moment my hand rested on the knob of the door, I felt my heart in my throat.

Why am I so nervous?