chapter 5

~Y/N's POV~

We had made it to her bedroom within a matter of seconds.

She had practically dragged me down her hallway, smiling back at me and our interwoven hands every once in a while, which I found absolutely endearing in every sense of the word.

Her room was massive.

She had her LED lights on over the side of the wall where her bed sat, dark hues of purple glowing onto every wall in the room. The view she had from her window was spectacular, and soft glows emitting from the street lights could be seen lining the park across from her penthouse.

Her flatscreen TV sat mounted on the wall, a dark oak chest below it, which I presumed to be either her dresser or a place where she stowed her movies. An Apple TV box sat on its surface, along with a few candles and perfume bottles.

"I love your room." I complimented, completely in awe of my aesthetic surroundings. She turned to me, maintaining her grip on my hand.

"Thank you so much." She grinned cheekily, letting go of our hands to sit on her bed, shuffling to rest her back against the headboard. She had already untucked the sheets, tucking herself underneath them.

I followed suit, slipping my shoes off and setting them neatly by the wall near the door. Walking to the bed, I removed my flannel, leaving me in my white t and black ripped jeans and belt. I sat myself down on the bed, keeping a fair amount of distance so I didn't seem invasive.

Plus I'm just awkward as fuck.

"What the hell are you doing all the way over there?" Ariana suddenly vocalized in astonishment, looking over to me with a pout and puppy eyes.

"Oh, I thought you wanted your spa-."

"Fuck that. Get over here." She said in a demanding yet soft tone, outstretching her arms towards me as a signal to get closer to her.

Smiling, I began scooting myself over to her and as soon as I made it beside her I felt her arms embrace me into a hug, holding me into her chest.

She sighed contently. "Much better." She then reached for the remote to flick through the movie options and turned on The Conjuring, and my arm moved over to drape across her toned abdomen. With my head being on her chest, I was able to hear her heartbeat quicken at my contact with her.

I could hear her breathing falter slightly and she looked down at me, smiling cutely.

"You're so dreamy." She said in nearly a whisper, moving a stray hair out of my eyes and tucking it behind my ear. The feeling of her long acrylics on my skin gave me chills; the good kind.

"My view from here is pretty dreamy too," I replied, looking up into her eyes. Ariana's hands immediately covered her face, grinning ear to ear.

"Shut uppppp!" She whined, pulling my body up to face her.

My body was now slightly contorted to face her, both of my arms resting on the mattress on either side of her hips. I looked up into her eyes and the air around us immediately became thick with tension.

I took notice of her subtle yet frequent glances to my lips and I couldn't control the blush creeping up onto my cheeks.

She's so cute.

I suddenly felt my phone buzzing in my pocket, to which I ignored and immediately set it to silent, maintaining eye contact with her. She did the same and my phone rang yet again.

"It's okay baby. You can answer it." She giggled and I nodded, moving to sit up against the bed frame. I took out my phone from my pocket beforehand, huffing at the contact name.