1. A Promise Is A Promise (Prologue)

Summary:

-Mentions of death

-This is the Prologue, but like, let's not waste time shall we?

-The entire purpose of the title! We're making a cliched summary into something awesome!!

-Warning: Sappy. That's mostly just a warning for me, but hey, I'm the writer here!

-I forgot to put young on the knight, makes it seem like the knight's a grown man, oof

-3rd time I edited this, stupid me.

-What feels off isn't meant to be there, yet it is and all you can do is tell it's pretty fair.

-Actually explains more of what happened

-Y'all can skip, Please

__________________________________________

~Third Person's POV~

The sound of crying was heard from the kingdom's castle, the sound of grief that people find it natural to hear after the aftermath of a war they could never live to forget.

Sunset beyond the horizon, painted with a shade of red and orange as it began to mix in the darkness of night, revealing the bright twinkling stars as the closest star gradually began to slowly disappear by the mountains in good motion.

Neither of those at the balcony could enjoy it at the moment what with the thoughts that their own minds could only process by the recent events that happened before the sun could set, most of the townspeople and people of the palace

At the edge of a balcony, a boy no older than ten proceeds to heavily sob, a large volume of tears trickling down his puffy red cheeks as they continue to drip on the railings he held onto. His eyes red from all the crying as he lets all his emotions burst, uncaring of how pathetic he probably looked at the state he's in as he lets his own emotions take control of him.

A knight stood behind him, not interfering with the prince's mourning of his loss as he silently stared at the child. He'd let him grief, this wasn't really something he'd disturb. The boy has his own problems, him interfering would surely make the situation worse. So instead, he steeled himself, viewing the scene from behind.

Worried, the knight felt, understandably so, taking a step closer towards the boy. Not liking the thought that the prince might fall.

War. This is what happens during the aftermath of a war. For a nation they tried so hard to maintain peace, only to lose something in exchange. Rather unfair, Philip repeatedly stated in his mind. Naive he even felt. The hope that they'd come back safely all shattered once he heard the news.

The news of where his brothers are remains unknown.

It didn't make sense, how could something like this suddenly happen. The day before wasn't anything like this, they were just fine, what happened to take that all away.

His vibrant colored hair tousled during the time, his own suit that was prepared by the maids currently worn as he didn't.

"I-I'm sorry..." Philip whispers to himself once more, over and over, shedding more tears than needed as he kneeled down. He repeatedly blamed himself for his parents' deaths, his brothers too.

Having to lose his entire family at such a young age is surely a traumatic experience one wouldn't be able to handle alone. Yet the young prince had to carry the burden alone on his shoulders...

Screw the maids and butlers, he's having a breakdown!

(I think I'm beginning to think I hated a dramatic flashback right now but it's part of the story)