8. The Garden (You Are Welcomed)

Long Time no see! :D

Picture up there is Art Style of Spain BTW!

~Third Person's POV~

"You seem to be in a good mood." replied Nick, smiling softly as he proceeded to dust the objects that contained every part of the prince's room from each corner, the butler he is being the most determined to clean it off. The sound of Philip humming a cheerful tune made it's way to his ears, the pleasant sound distracting him as he turned to listen better.

"Really?" Philip asked him, as if it he didn't knew it were obvious. Nick chuckled.

"Why yes of course. It's pretty obvious. I've never seen you look so happy other than yesterday's event. If you don't mind me asking, but may I ask how was your day?" He couldn't help but ask, amusement and curiosity clear in his tone as he continued to dust off the expensive vase that conatained Sampaguitas that still somehow remained flourished. They were after all the prince's favorites. He would have to take good care of them.

"Of course. Though I can't say much about it. It's hard to explain since it's a long story." The prince scratched the back of neck, his eyes looking aside in a timid way.

"It's alright, just say simple sentences, and be sure not to exaggerate too much or else you'll end up losing your choice words." Nick chuckled thoughtfully, reminiscing to the day he had first encountered the prince during his first day as a servant, the same boy mumbling words to no end until he couldn't even say anything anymore due to the lack of attention he had brought up.

Just remembering it warms his heart.

"Okay. So after lunch break earlier, I wanted to go to a place that I've heard from a few students gossiping, so I thought I might check it out. And during my search, I...kind of ended up lost..." He looked down, twiddling his fingers for a way to hide his embarrassment and stupidity. Nick lightly chuckled.

'The prince surely hasn't much of an intellectual, but he still has a heart. And that's what counts.' His gaze softened, as he listened intently at his story.

"After exploring the school more, I was able to meet up a guy named America. He was really nice." He stated simply, a small smile on his face as he thought about the guy he had met recently.

"So he is." The brunette butler spoke in a reminiscent tone, his eyes somewhat lost in thought as his gaze stayed steady on the Sampaguitas. Philip suddenly flinched, shifting through the covers in a hurried manner, startling his butler that had finally snapped out from his daze, as the prince continued to stare at his butler wide eyed as if he couldn't believe his very eyes.

"You know him?!" shouted Philip in shock, hugging his pillow against his stomach. To his dissapointment however, Nick shook his head no, his shock leaving his body as he deadpanned.

"You sound like you do..." He mumbled quietly.

"There's no need to jump to conclusions your highness. It's obvious that I haven't met the man himself. Though I have heard rumors about him, and I must admit, he's quite amusing." Philip snapped from his deadpanning state, looking at his butler with a surge of excitment.

"Can you tell me more about him?" He asked, shifting through the sheets, getting into a comfortable position as he listened.

"Well, he seems to be quite an independent young man to have already conquered his own kingdom singlehandedly without the help from his own father. I've also heard that his kingdom is one of the strongest ones to have ever existed." Nick smiled.

He has seen the war before, still a child volunteering in the war to help and fight to the death for his nation, and how that very same kingdom that had helped them during their time of need. It made him truly thankful for what they have done.