Five

Erin walked into her empty apartment, with the only furniture in the open plan living room unpacked was a side table, and that was only because it had been transported from New York in one piece. She dumped her apartment keys in her dish on the side table, and her gun and badge in the wall safe that had come with the apartment.

She huffed, and instantaneously dropped onto the couch with instant delight, it had been the old one that she and Jay had brought into her old apartment in Chicago, and she had ended up getting a matching one and cuddle chair for her bigger apartment in New York, the chair was still boxed in separate parts somewhere in the mass of boxes that were floor to ceiling in front of the non-lit fireplace. She looked at the clock on her phone, knowing that her kitchen clock was packed up somewhere, to show a late time of 8 pm, well it was late for Erin, she had been awake and in the office, since 5 am, she couldn't sleep, she just wanted to break the case, but now she had given to the justice department it was over, she could rest but she just didn't feel like resting.

So she lifted the boxes that were labelled to the best of Erin's ability that said 'Kitchen', Erin thought that it was an excellent start to finish off the kitchen before starting another room, and she wasn't going to tackle building the furniture herself, but she had found the living room table that she had been given as a leaving present from her old partner, they had had great taste in interior design, it was constructed in separate parts more Erin didn't mind putting that piece of furniture together that late had night because all she had to do was put the base on the floor and connect and tighten the single dual top side ended leg to the base and then screw the glass tops onto the legs metal plate.

She placed the smaller of the kitchen box on the newly put together coffee side table, that could change height when turned and ripped the cello tape off like it have zipped the flaps of the box shut, to reveal more plates, crockery and cutlery, and some champagne flutes that had been a birthday present after she has made second in command at the task force, and she proceeded to put the kitchen items away in the numerous cupboards she had in the kitchen. Erin heard a knock on the door and she went to open it when heard from behind the unopened door Kim saying that she had brought over sparkling water because they both couldn't handle drinking any alcohol after the night they had just got past. Erin opened the door, whilst Kim walked in Erin walked to the kitchen to grab the only clean glasses she could find, some gradient clear to rose gold champagne flutes.

"Hey, are we trying to make a small start on putting some of this away then?" Kim asked.

"Yeah, I thought I would start on the kitchen stuff first. It's the only room that is nearly done. I've just unpacked the stuff and put it away from the kitchen boxes but then I might start on the bathrooms." Erin answered.

Kim popped the bottle of summer fruits flavoured sparkling water and poured the fizzy liquid into the girly glasses whilst waiting for the bubbles to dissipate so that she could continue filling them, while at the same time Erin's phone began to ring violently, vibrating and sounding the largely annoying ringtone she didn't know how to change, she looked at the caller ID realising it was a phone call from her old partner, Callaghan, she picked up immediately, and she was on facetime with her old female partner, Grace Callaghan.

"Hey, Gracie, what have you been up to," Erin asked as she was happily surprised by the phone call from her former partner.

"Hey Linds, I just thought that now you were back in Chicago I could talk to ya for a catch-up," Grace said colloquially to her old female work partner.

"Hey, I want you to meet one of the team members who I worked with before, hey Kim, this is Gracie, Kim, Gracie, Gracie, Kim." Erin introduced the pair as she was excited to speak to her old partner.