Not Coming Home

Solider! Zoro  ⚠️ Angst warning⚠️ I am so sorry I'm advance for this. Also this is gonna be sorta short too.  ⚠️Suicide mention⚠️

Today is the day, the day Zoro comes home, or so Sanji thought.

He was getting my the house ready for Zoro, he had just FaceTimed him a few weeks ago telling him how much he missed him and wanted him home. Today was that day.

Zoro had been in the army for 3 years and Sanji has never had any physical contact with him and he definitely needed it.

As he was cleaning he got a call from Nami, he immediately picked it up.

"Hello sweet Nami-swan!" He said excitedly.

Nami snorts from across the phone, "What got you so happy?" She questioned. Sanji giggled, "Well since you asked, Zoro will be coming home today and I'm so excited!"

Nami laughed a little, "How do you know this?"

Sanji put down the rag in his hand, "Well he told me about 4 weeks ago when we FaceTimed, although he hasn't called me in a while." He said as he tapped his chin. Nami giggles, "Well I'm happy that your happy." She says.

The cook laughs a little, "So what did you call me for?"

Nami shrugs, "I just wanted to check up on ya, you know? As a friend, but I do have to go now me and Vivi have plans." She said.

Sanji smiles to himself, "Well you two enjoy, talk to you later."

Nami smiles too, "Yeah see ya!" She says before she hangs up. Sanji puts his phone back down and continues his cleaning.

After and hour of cleaning he finally sits on the couch and rest, turning on the T.V.

The news was on so he decided to watch it

-Breaking News-

"Two men die in military accident with a grenade, killing the both of them."

"The bodies have not been identified yet, we'll come back with more information later after the break."

Huh that's very unfortunate, Sanji thinks to himself, I hope those two are in a better place now.

During the commercial he hears a knock on the door, "Zoro!" He yells out. He rushes to the door and opens it quickly, "Z-oro?"

It wasn't Zoro but it was a man dressed in a military uniform, he lowers his hat and looks Sanji in the eye, "Are you Sanji Ronoroa?" He ask. Sanji nods his head and the man lowers his, "I'm very sorry to inform you that your husband has sadly passed away in an accident."

Sanji couldn't believe his ears, H-huh, Zoro, dead, no way he's too strong he would never die.

The man puts a hand on Sanji's shoulder, "He died trying to stop one of our solders killing themselves with a grenade, he died a honorable man." The solder backs away, "He also wanted me to give you a note, he told me to tell you how much he loves you and honers you." The man pauses, "He also said that he'll see you again soon one day so don't worry to much about him." He stops and lowers his head walking away leaving Sanji alone and scared.

In the background the news comes back on

-Breaking News-

"The two bodies have been identified as (redacted) and Zoro Ronoroa."

Ronoroa tried to protect his comrade from killing himself with a grenade and died in the process when the grenade went off.

We are saddened over this untimely death and our condolences go out to his family and friends. Including the family and friends of (redacted).

Sanji closes the door and drops to his knees, "N-no" is what all he could say before he began to cry, "No,no, no, NO!" He yells, tears streaming down his face.

He sat down and hugged his knees, "We were supposed to be together forever, we were supposed to die together not apart!"He said between sobs. "We were supposed to have kids, we were supposed to watch them grow together!" He sobbed again.

"Why did you leave me!" He yelled in sobs.

Then he heard another knock at the door and he stood up to answer it, it was the crew.

From Nami to Brook, everyone was there, "Sanji." Was all that Nami said before he started to break down crying again, "He's gone!" He cried.

Nami pulled him in for a hug, everyone else joining, "I know Sanji it hurts, but I also know we can all get through this together." She said hugging him tighter to give him reassurance.

He cried louder into her embrace, "Zoro, Zoro, Zoro!" He repeated.

Nami and the others cried along with him, "I know Sanji, I know." She said through tears.

-A few weeks later-

Sanji was finally able to see Zoro again, but not in the way he hoped.

He was in a dark green casket, dressed in a black suit and dark green shirt underneath. He looked like a prince but a dead one, Sanji was the last person to see Zoro before he closed the casket along with his sister Perona who was also devastated.

He touched the top of the casket and went to go take his seat as the funeral went on.

After the funeral Sanji never talked to anyone again, he distanced himself from them. He didn't want to be with anyone but Zoro right now, sure 3 years in the army was awful, but this, this was hell. He wanted nothing more but to have Zoro by his side again.

Every morning he wanted to hear as his husband still snored away as he went to go make breakfast. But that was never going to happen again and Sanji, he was tired of it.

He wanted to see Zoro again, to touch him, to embrace him. Thinking about him just drove him into madness, depression even.

Then on this day Sanji knew enough was enough, he was gonna do it, he was going to end it all.

He was going to end his suffering, he didn't deserve this and he definitely didn't want to live with it anymore. So he got writing, writing his note to the world and to his friends about how he just needed to go and be with Zoro once more.

The note went
Dear, Friends and Family

I am solemnly sorry for my very abrupt departure form this world but I just couldn't bare it anymore without the love of my life beside me. He was my light and my dark, he was my one true love and today is the day I get to see him again. Don't worry my dear friends, while I'm gone I'll make sure to always think about you until you get here and I'll make sure to tell Zoro you said hello.

Now my dear friends, this is my last goodbye.

Signed, Sanji Vinsmoke

Nami cried as she read the note, the police are outside, dragging Sanji's body away in a body bag. He had hung himself minutes after he wrote the note, but he wasn't found until hours.

The crew once again had to bury another Nakama.

I'm so sorry for this guys😔