𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗦

𝘗 𝘙 𝘖 𝘓 𝘖 𝘎 𝘜 𝘌

𝘗 𝘙 𝘖 𝘓 𝘖 𝘎 𝘜 𝘌

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

August was lovely in Bircham. The city felt more alive than ever and the neighborhood was particularly welcoming today. It has always been a nice place to live in, given that the neighbors were friendly and respectful, but today, it felt more.. energetic.

In the van Blumenthals' backyard, Mrs. Amelia van Blumenthal, employee at the Ministry of Magic, and her daughter, Alina van Blumenthal, were having a cup of sweet iced tea by the garden fountain, shielded from the sun rays by the giant umbrellas. As usual, the youngest member of the family was carefully listening to her mother's stories, her eyes sparking with curiosity and interest.

"I bet you're really busy these days, with the Quidditch World Cup event coming so soon and all that," Alina pointed out, putting one more ice cube in her drink to cool it up before taking a sip. Then, she put one into her mother's cup as well.

"Mhm," Mrs. van Blumenthal hummed in agreement, placing her cup back on the table. "It's always busy, but with the World Cup happening this year, it's only getting worse. The Ministry expects perfect security and organization, don't even try to imagine the splitting headache that comes with it."

"I didn't even think it was easy. It's a huge event with so many wizards from all across the world, how do you even keep all the Muggles away? The risks and the responsibility must be enormous."

"I'm grateful it's held every four years, I would go mad if I had to do this every year." The corners of Amelia's lips tugged up and she let out a low chuckle. "Are you going with your friends?"

"Actually.." Alina hesitated for a short moment.

Before she could speak, however, her mother's owl arrived with two letters from the Weasleys. One meant for each one of them.

The young girl reached for the envelope that read her name, both of them opening their letters at the same time. While Alina received a note from Ron, who informed her that his father got them all tickets for the upcoming World Tour and that they have to go together, Mrs. Amelia was asked by Molly Weasley to allow her daughter to join the Weasley family at the same event.

"I was about to tell you that I was yet to discuss the World Cup subject with Ron, Hermione and Harry, but it seems like one of them was faster than that," she explained. "So... can I go?"

"Of course you can!" Amelia didn't even hesitate before agreeing to Mrs. Weasley's proposal. "I'm sorry Dad and I won't be able to join you, we would have liked that very much."