Intro

Devin's POV:

I woke up to the alarm going off and I hit the snooze button and groaned. I wanted three minuets of sleep so I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep. That was soon interrupted when my phone rang.

"Hey man." I said not looking at who is was hoping it was one of my friends or brothers.

"Devin I'm in Deep Shit dude." Riker said worried. He was hyperventilating and I could hear him pacing.

"What's going on. Calm down." I said and heard the cry of a baby. "What's that."

"A baby. Look my girlfriend. We dated she got pregnant I proposed she said no and ran off leaving me with our daughter. She has no name and I can't raise a baby." He said worried.

"Hey calm down dude. You can do anything you set your mind to. Do you want to have this child in your life." I asked.

"Well yes. I just can't do it alone." He said siting down with a huff.

"Ok. Well think of a name of her." I said softly.

"Uh. I don't know. You suggest one." He whined.

"Well. Oh what about Melody. It has to do with that whole music thingy you do right." I said dumbly.

"I love it. And her middle name is Hope. Ok so her name is Melody Hope Lynch. Now what." He whined.

"I don't know. Look I have to go to work right now man. Talk to mom and maybe she'll understand. But I have to interview more people for another job today cause I fired two more people yesterday. Hey I hope you are alright." I said. He said bye then hung up. I was dressed and ready to go already so I headed out the door to the Starbucks down the street. I live in a huge apartment which is really expensive. I'm the only one out of the six kids that has moved out. Ok I understand Ross and Ryland still livening at my parents house but seriously the rest. Why are they living there. I promise you I couldn't answer that.

"Devin. Files. And sixteen interviews lunch in my office. Meeting at three and twelve more interviews." Jessie said as I sat at my desk.

"Files here. Send in the first of the hellful people I shall see." I said throwing a file down that had all of my interviews in it. A short lady in a grey skirt that hung at her heels walked in and sat down.

"Hi I'm Margret." She said and held out a hand.

"Devin Lynch. So I hear you are looking to apply as my new writer in my mag. Yes." I asked and sat Down.

____________

I have one more interview then I get to go back home. The door opened and then slowly and quietly closed. I didn't look up from her file. Devyn Kuper. 22. Same birthday as I. Graduate with honors in college. No Job before except for a small job at Starbucks. From Texas.

"H-Hello." She said shyly.

"Good afternoon Miss." I said flicking through more of her files. I slowly looked up and noticed she looked nervous and was looking down. "So you are applying to be one of my new writers in my mag correct." I asked looking down again. I watched her from the corner of my eye. She slowly looked up and nodded.

"Y-Yes sir." She said slightly smiling. I glanced up and our eyes met.

"I don't think I introduced myself properly. I-I'm Devin Lynch." I said shyly and didn't look away from her eyes.

"D-Devyn Kuper." She said shyly. A smile crept across her face.

"I love your name." I chuckled.