Ends With Meetings in Parking Lots

"I'm just so excited for you!" Chris held Lara Jean's arm and jumped up and down. "I really feel like this is such a new start for you. I'm so proud of you." Lara Jean drove to Chris's office to thank her in person. Her office looked out over UVA's famous lawn. LJ remembered how her mom used to take her and her sisters for picnics here in the summer.

"Well I couldn't have done it without my fairy god angel." She smiles back.

"Thank you. Thank you. I take my payment in cash, card & caramel lattes."

"The first of many caramel lattes coming your way." She let her friend lead the way to the quaint coffee shop just off campus. They ordered at sat down among the students typing away on their laptops.

"Why do I feel so old compared to these kids now? We only graduated college like 3 years ago."

"Because we are adults with our dream jobs." Chris stuck her tongue out at her best friend. "So, what did Grace tell you? What will you be doing? When will you start?"

'No idea when I start. That still needs to be worked out. She said I'd be planning everything for baby showers & weddings to birthdays & all of it. Gosh. I'm so excited. This is a huge step up from my old job in Ashville. I was getting to do events but nowhere on the scale of Grace's company. I cannot thank you enough for this."

"Cheers." Chris lifted her cup. "If anyone deserves it, it's you babe." They clinked their cups and took a sip of the sweet lattes. "So not to burst your bubble, but have you talked to Peter yet?"

"I texted him saying I was ready to talk. He's at an away game all day so we're going to meet up tomorrow." She tapped her fingers on the small wooden table.

"Wow. Are you okay with everything? You know what you're gonna do?"

"I think so." She tried to smile.

"Well, I'm proud of you for making your decision. I know with you and Peter it's never easy."

LJ shrugged not wanting to talk about him. She thought she would burst out in tears if she had to. "Where is Ben this week?" she tried to change the subject.

"He's here actually. Home game this weekend. He's leaving for like two and a half weeks after this though."

"How do you deal with being apart so much?"

"It was hard to get used to it at first. I think I just trusted in what we have. We had a strong base and just made a point to make our relationship a priority. When he's away, we don't go a day without talking. Not just texting, but making sure we talk on the phone or FaceTime. We know its just part of the job. Plus, I love my alone time. I get to watch all the trash reality tv I want with no judgement. Then when he is here, it's more special because we appreciate our time together more."

"Yeah." LJ smiled at how easy Chris made it seem.

"You just have to put the work in for the people you love right." She smiled at her best friend. A ping rang out from Chris's purse. She reached in and looked at her phone. "Shit. I have to get back to the office. Thank you so much for this. We'll meet up soon. Maybe dinner this weekend?" she went over and gave LJ a hug. "Love you. Proud of you." She yelled out while leaving the shop.

Lara Jean smiled and started scrolling on her Instagram feed. She decided she needed some new pieces if she were going to start a new journey in the big city. She finished her latte and decided to head back home and prepare for tonight.

She made her way to the front of the coffee shop when she felt a tap on her shoulder. "Lara Jean."

She turned around and was face to face with Daisy. "Oh, hi." She said in a bit of shock.