One

Edited 1/24/15

"Baby I swear, she is just a friend!” Your former boyfriend yelled at you. Soon he was going to be your ex-boyfriend.

"Yeah, just a friend because friends love to make out with each other with no clothes on."You barked back. You were fuming at this point. You about had it with boyfriends and men in general.

The man in front of you stayed silent as you tapped your foot impatiently while glaring at him, waiting for him to make yet another pathetic excuse.

"I-I'm sorry (F/n), please forgive me." The man gave you a pathetic look, trying to find the sympathetic bone in your body. You broke that bone a long time ago.

"Request denied."You stated, giving him yet another scolding look. He audibly gulped and looked down, avoiding your death glare.

He clenched his fist and looked up at you with an angry look in his eyes. He looked as if he was about to punch you, but instead, he chose words that you had heard millions of time.

"We are through then. I don't want to be with a woman like you, you heartless bitch!" He shot at you.

You were nothing but heartless. You cared about everyone and treated those who gave you respect with respectfulness. And right now, this wasn't the type of respect that you needed.

"You took the words right out of my mouth."You sneered at him. He clenched his teeth and walked away from you, not looking back.

You sighed deeply, watching him take off in the direction you were looking at. He was stomping right to the girls’ house that he had cheated on you with, but at this point it didn't matter anymore.

You took out your cellphone and went to his number, where it had been under "My sweet Boyfriend". You hit the delete button and put the phone back in your pocket.

The usual as always.

It wasn't you that was the problem in the relationship, it had always had been the man in your life. You had avoided deep connection with the people you dated so you wouldn't get attached with them. It always ended with a bang.

And at the perfect moment and mood where it could happen, it started to rain. Scratch that, it started to pour.

A deep rumble of thunder shook the ground as you walked back to your flat downtown of the area you lived in. The sound of taxi horns and vendors shouting out offers filled the air along with the smell of food and smoke.

You quickly made your way through the crowds of people that lingered on the streets, busy talking on the phone or paying attention to something else.

Your eyes scanned the streets as you watched the people walk by, not even paying attention to you. You just weren't that important to society.

You were invisible to the people around you. You were quiet as a mouse and didn't speak to anyone unless spoken to. Of course men liked you, but only as a one night stand of such and you wanted to save yourself for the right person.