| 2 |

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 | School field trips, Dara discovers, are actually the bane of her existence

AS they got off the school bus, which had arrived at their destination, Dara began to shiver at the cold wind. She was only in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, gloves on her hands.

"Jeez, it's so cold..." She hissed, rocking back and forth as she stood beside her fellow amnesiac. Jason turned and looked down at her, before shedding his windbreaker and holding it out to the girl. "Don't you...?"

"I've got a hoodie as well." Jason shrugged, smiling gently. "You seem to need it more than me."

"Thanks," Dara sent him a small smile, before quickly turning away and blushing once more as Leo's words ran through her head. She'd been making out with this guy recently, unbeknownst to her. Why wasn't her brain working enough for her to remember this?

Piper and Leo joined their side as Dara pulled the oversized coat over her shaking shoulders, curling into the warmth that it provided. The smell of a thunderstorm wrapped itself around her, and for a minute, Dara felt like she was somewhere else before Leo began to speak once more.

"Okay, a crash course for the two amnesiacs." Leo began, in a tone that screamed 'this is not going to help either of you in any way shape or form'. "We go to the 'Wilderness School' which means that all of us are 'bad kids'. Your family, or the court, or whoever, decided that you were too much trouble, so they shipped you off to this lovely prison, sorry, 'boarding school', in Armpit, Nevada."

Dara's eyebrows furrowed as she tried to think of what she could last remember before waking up on that bus. But her mind drew a blank, nothing coming into her memory.

"But we are friends, all of us." Leo nodded, smiling before it turned into a cheeky sort of smirk. "Well, you and Dara are a little more than friends if I may say."

Jason and Dara both went bright red, avoiding each other's eyes. It was bad enough that she didn't remember anything, now she was also dating?

"They've got amnesia or something." Piper butted in, sensing the awkwardness radiating off the pair. "We've got to tell someone."

"Who, Coach Hedge?" Leo scoffed at the thought. "He'd try to fix them up by whacking them over the head with the baseball bat."

Dara looked over at the short coach, who as at the front of the group and leading them towards the museum in the middle of nowhere, blowing his whistle and scowling back at the four of them. He seemed like he probably would.

"Leo, they need help." Piper hissed again, as Dara looked up, watching a guy walk towards them with a smile that read 'trouble'.

"Yo, Piper, Dara." He grinned, as he pushed in between the two girls, wrapping his arm around their shoulders. He knocked Leo to the floor in the process, and the Latino boy just stayed lying face down in the dirt. "Don't talk to these bottom-feeders. You're with me, remember?"