13. butterbeer and contemplations

:tredecim:
~butterbeer and contemplations~

:tredecim:~butterbeer and contemplations~

✰✰✰

When Patrick awoke he immediately felt a growing pain in his head and a growing nausea in his stomach. Eyes fluttered open to a semi dark room, orange and pink sunlight pouring in through the half covered window. Patrick was in his bed, the soft mattress taking his weight as his head sunk into the pillow. The outline of his eyes was blurred from exhaustion and he knew if he moved he'd throw up then and there.

As he cast his mind back to the previous night he realised he had no recollection of climbing into bed or even being in the common room as the sun went down. He frowned, placing his concentration on what had happened once he'd left the common room. He faintly remembered walking down to the kitchens and guessed from his current state and lack of memories that he must have been drunk.

"Patrick" Leo's voice rang out causing a spike of pain to erupt in his head.
"Go away" the blonde murmured in response as he pulled his pillow over his ears to drown out any further disturbances. Leo restored to shaking the boy rather roughly, swaying him from side to side until he sat up in anger with his hair ruffled messily around his head. The nausea seemed to grow from inside him and he jumped out of bed so quickly that a startled Leo fell back.

Patrick sprinted to the boys shared bathroom and hurled with perfect aim into the toilet bowl.
"Gross" yelled Leo as he straightened himself up "what's wrong with you?"
"Hungover" Patrick replied as he returned to the room, wiping his mouth with his sleeve.
Leo's jaw dropped comically as he stared at his friend,
"You got drunk?" He gasped as Patrick sank back onto his bed.
"No I just magically got hungover without drinking" drawled the blonde in a sarcastic tone.

"Oh so that's why you were out so late" Leo muttered "I was going to ask you about that this morning"
"What time did I get in?" Patrick asked,
"Around eleven I think"
"Well that's not too late" scoffed the blonde "feels like I've only slept for two hours... don't even remember how I got back"
"You stumbled into the room on your own but I swear you were talking to somebody in the common room"

"I was probably talking to myself Leo" Patrick shrugged "I do that when I'm sober"
"True" the boy replied "you still coming to Hogsmede today though right?"
"Oh I don't know" the boy replied "my head is killing me"
"Please you have to come" begged Leo "Annabelle wants to go to this place called Madame Puddifoots and it's so sickly in there I can't go"
"Why's me being there going to change anything?" Shrugged the blonde,
"Because I think Annie is trying to insinuate that it's a ... um date"

"Good for you Leo" smiled Patrick "Annie's a catch"
"Yeah she's great but I do not want to go to that cafe it'll be so awkward"
"Fine whatever I'll come to Hogsmede but don't expect me to be my usual charismatic self"
"Charismatic is never a word I use to describe you anyway" retorted Leo earning him a pillow to the face.