69. a celebration of unity

:sexaginta novem:
~a celebration of unity~

:sexaginta novem: ~a celebration of unity~

✰✰✰

Patrick stood beside Annabelle and Elle waiting for the bride to arrive, on the other side of the beautiful flower arch stood Lee with his best men (Fred and George as he couldn't pick just one).
He looked more nervous than ever as he clasped his hands tightly.

The music sounded and all heads turned to the back of the room. Patrick straightened up before smiling at Elle and Bella who looked stunning in pale pink dresses. The blonde had decided against wearing a dress as he wanted the attention to be on Anna but he was sporting a pink tie to match.

Anna Jones (soon to be Anna Jordan) came walking into the room wearing the most beautiful wedding dress that Patrick had ever seen. It had faint lace detailing the top and beautiful tulle that spread out behind her. In her hands she held a bouquet of roses that spilled over the side.

She had her arm linked with her fathers who had tears in his eyes with pride. The two carried on walking until Lee stretched out his hand and took Anna from him.
The blonde girl passed the bouquet over to Patrick who gave her an encouraging smile.

"Good afternoon everyone!" Leo Harden took his place at the centre of the flower arch. He'd agreed to become a registered marriage officiant so that the wedding could remain those of close friends and family. He was dressed in a smart suit and looked rather nervous.

Patrick knew that Leo had been practicing what he had to say for days in end. Patrick had even helped him to write a lot of it. He wanted it to be special. Anna and Lee deserved the most special wedding in the world.

"From this place we take ourselves out of the usual routines of daily living to witness a unique moment in the lives of Lee Jordan and Anna Jones. Today they join their lives in the union of marriage"

"To all their guests, they are happy to share this moment with you. They have known most of you for many years. You watched them grow up, you went to school with them, or you worked with them. Because you are the ones who have supported them and known them so well, it is only fitting that you are the ones to share this once-in-a-lifetime moment with them"

"Lee and Anna are pleased to have their parents in the front row...close to them for the ceremony,
Anna thanks her mother for providing her with every opportunity possible and being the best mother anyone could ask for.
Lee appreciates all the love and support his parents gave him over the years"

"A wedding day is often a day when couples miss family members and friends no longer with them. For Anna and Lee there are loved ones whose memories they hold dear"
Patrick smiled slightly as he imagined Percy sitting front row, a smile on his face as he made eye contact with the man he loved.

"And so it is that Lee and Anna present themselves to be married today...surrounded by the people they love the most,
As the couple prepared for the ceremony part of this wedding celebration, they reflected on what it is that they love about each other. And this was was the easiest part of planning this wedding!" A laugh sounded over the room as Leo turned to the groom.