55. escape to athens

:quinquaginta quinque:
~escape to athens~

:quinquaginta quinque:~escape to athens~

✰✰✰

Patrick rushed over to his mother as she collapsed onto her knees in shock. The memories that she'd tried hard to forget kept coming back as she clamped her eyes closed trying to block them out.
"It'll be ok" Amelia muttered into her ear as she rubbed her back soothingly, "we'll figure something out"
Patrick sat in surprise looking at the photo of Liliana on the wall and wishing as he normally did that she was here with them.

He couldn't see an easy way out of this, either he could agree to joining the death eaters and his family would be safe or he could refuse and then risk his mother and sister dying. Patrick knew instantly which path he would rather take yet he continued to hope that there was a third option.
Tony had been right when he'd said Patrick didn't have it in him to kill someone. However he also knew that Tony wouldn't hesitate to wipe out Harriet and Amelia if needs be.

The only other option that he could think of would be to go into hiding but with that meant he would have to rip up Harriet and Amelias stable lives. But could they live normally knowing that Patrick was out there killing innocent people and working to make the world a worst place.
"We have to leave" Harriet sat up immediately, "look I don't know what he was offering you Patrick but you can't do it.. you're so much better than that"

"I can't ask you to run away for me" Patrick muttered, "we don't know how long it'll be for"
"It'll be worth it" Amelia nodded, "mum... does Tony know that you're Greek?"
"No he doesn't" Harriet responded, "that's perfect we could go back to Athens... like we always used to do"
"But what about the cats... and your job and Amelias boyfriend"

"We can take the cats with us... you could apperate Patrick... it's so simple and.. I could get another job just a small one... make a fake name... a fake life" Harriet continued as she clasped hold of this idea.
"You're more important that Dominic" Amelia smiled, "I would choose you ten times over"
"We have to be sure" Patrick frowned, "what if he finds us?"

"How could he?" Muttered Amelia,
"Because the death eaters are extremely powerful dark wizards" reasoned the blonde, "for all you know they could be watching the house"
"Even if they are" Harriet smiled, "they won't know where we've gone"

"Well we have to go quickly" Amelia jumped up, "come on... pack what you need"
The three stumbled through the house collecting bags and bags of items they were worried to leave behind. Patrick presumed that he could do trips back and forth to ensure they had everything but it was best to be prepared.
Amelia collected up the cats into three large carriers as they all stood in the porch looking over their home.

"This isn't forever" smiled Amelia reminding Patrick of Anna's optimism. Then it hit him. Anna. He couldn't even tell her where he was going. He couldn't risk it but he'd promised that he'd see her soon, she'd be so worried. His heart ached at the thought of her receiving no reply to her letters, it reminded him of that summer where Percy ignored him. He didn't want to put Anna through that but there was no other way. This was their only option.