58. the last chance

:quinquaginta octo:
~the last chance~

:quinquaginta octo: ~the last chance~

✰✰✰

Patrick couldn't stop staring at Percy as he stood around with his ministry counter parts, if anything he looked lost and alone. Not unlike when Patrick had last spoke to him, on top of the hill.
When the blonde boy had seen him in Dumbledores office after the DA had been disbanded the boy had been in his element, writing down notes and sucking up to the minister. Now he seemed to have reverted back into his old and better self.

All of a sudden the boy began walking towards him, Patrick's heart raced as he wondered why he was still standing here. He wasn't supposed to be seen and until he'd spotted Percy his plan had been going flawlessly.
Without saying anything Percy grabbed hold of Patrick's arm and turned. Patrick was plunged into darkness, feeling his throat and lungs cry for air, feeling as though he was being pulled through a rather tight tube.

He was standing in some lonely woods, his hair now a mess and his heart now beating louder than ever. Percy was still standing in front of him with eyes full of sympathy.
"What the hell" the blonde boy hissed, "how could you even do that... you can't apperate on Hogwarts grounds"
"They removed it for the funeral...and I'm sorry but I have to talk to you"
"And you couldn't have done that where we were?"

"You looked like someone who didn't want to be seen" Percy noted, "where have you been anyway?"
"I've been where I always am" Patrick spoke in a blustered fashion,
"Well you weren't at home... I tried there and Anna didn't know where you were either"
"Anna didn't mention that you'd asked" frowned the blonde, "when was this?"

"March maybe... I started looking in December... look Patrick when you left on that hill"
"You said you had something to tell me... yes I remember" he sighed, still trying to recover from the surprise apparition.
"I loved you too" Percy blurted out, "in fact I love you and there's no point of me skating around that anymore",
"Percy don't" Patrick sighed, "we've been through this so many times"

"Never like this" Percy shook his head, "it's different now"
"No Percy it'll never be different... not with you working for the ministry... not with you being ashamed of who you are"
"I'm quitting my job" Percy admitted,
"I thought your job meant everything to you?" Patrick frowned.

"Yes it did but... look all my life I've had everything planned out, my house, my grades, getting head boy, my future job, how many kids I'll have and I've always been satisfied with that but now it's here and it's happening ... well I'm not satisfied and when I think about it the only time I've been really truly myself and happy is when I'm with you"
Patrick felt his heart start to slow, his skin start to pale and his mouth start to grow dry. He had no idea how to reply to this... though he knew for certain that he felt the same.

"Patrick I know you deserve better, I've told you as much but I'm ready now... to be me and to not be ashamed of that"
"Percy I wish I could believe you-"
"My brothers getting married" he continued, completely ignoring the words of the blonde... Bill is getting married"
"Congratulations?" He frowned.

"Come to the wedding... come with me and I'll introduce you to my family... as my boyfriend... I want to make everything right Patrick"
"Look Percy-"
"Please just give me this chance... I know I've been a prat but"

"Percy I want to come... I can see how desperate you are to sort all this out and maybe this is my bad judge of character but I believe you but I can't come to the wedding"
"Why not?"
"I'm in hiding Percy... that's where I've been",

"Why... you're in hiding?"
"My dad... my dad is a death eater" Patrick muttered, "if I don't agree to join him he's going to I'll my mother and my sister... so we ran away"
"Oh my god" Percy's colour faded, "I'm so sorry that's awful"

"Yeah I know" the boy smirked lightly, "I've been there for almost a year now"
"Where?" Percy pressed,
"I can't tell you"
"I'll not say anything"

"But if anyone tortures your for information... used verita serum"
"Take me with you" Percy's face lit up, "I'll come with you... into hiding"
"Percy I don't think" Patrick began,
"I want to be with you" the boy continued, "no more messing around... the way the worlds is right now Patrick I'm worried we're not going to get another chance... this is our chance".

"You can't miss your brothers wedding for me Percy"
"I'm not going to" Percy continued, "look they're putting safety enchantments over the place, everything's going to be fine... it'll only be a few hours and then straight after we'll go back into hiding... it'll work"
"Percy if this goes wrong... my family"
"Look even if anyone shows up ... they can't follow us if we apperate"

"They could stop us from doing so"
"Patrick... stop being so pessimistic" Percy smiled, "this is our chance... please... take it"

✰✰✰

Patrick apperated back into the living room of his greek house completely scaring the shit out of Amelia who was watching tv on one of the sofas.
"Jesus Christ Pat don't do that"
"Is he back" Harriet called as she ran into the room, "oh thank god you're ok"

"Did you find anything out?" Asked Amelia,
"Nothing that helps us" he smiled in disappointment,
"Well you're back safe that's all that matters" Harriet countered,
"Look you're not going to like this but... Well I'm going to a wedding"

"No you're not" Amelia shook her head, "you can't keep doing this"
"I'll be safe" Patrick sighed, "and afterwards I'll come straight back... it'll only be a few hours but... I'm bringing someone with me"
"Who?"
"Can we trust them?"

"Yes we can trust them" Patrick nodded,
"Why are they coming here... are they in trouble?"
"Not exactly" Patrick sighed,
"So who's coming"

"His name is Percy Weasley... and he's my boyfriend"

✰✰✰