day 2

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☼ RUN AWAY !
( 3. DAY TWO ╎  ⚘ )

TO THE END OF THE EARTH,
FOREVER TOGETHER;
RUN AWAY BABE,
PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS

TO THE END OF THE EARTH,FOREVER TOGETHER;RUN AWAY BABE,PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS

sunday
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE HOUSE IS QUIET AND DARK AGAIN. She switches the foyer light on, taking her shoes off and slipping into her slippers. She calls out for Jungwon but hears no reply. She walks into the living room to see him sleeping on the sofa, with the tv playing quietly in the background. She checks the clock to see that it's almost nine. She spent almost seven hours in that coffee shop.

She lifts her brother's head gently, sitting on the sofa so that his head is resting on her thighs. She winces from the pain as he twitches in his sleep. Her scars haven't healed yet. They are still fresh from two days ago. She smooths his hair down, moving strands away from his face. She leans down and places a kiss to his forehead.

"I'm sorry for not being a good sister, Yang Jungwon," she apologises to him, her eyes welling up with tears. "I'm sorry that I'm so weak and I'm sorry that you have to put up with me,"

She places a kiss on his forehead again, her tears escaping her eyes to land on his hair. She clamps a hand over mouth to stop herself from crying out aloud in case that woke Jungwon up. She loves him so much but why does she have to hate herself more?

"It's so hard for me, Jungwon-ah. Everything. Everything is just so hard," she says quietly, her tears cascading down her cheeks like a river. "I want to get better and show you that I can be a good sister but I really can't, Yang Jungwon. I really can't do it, my darling,"

It's a suffocating feeling to cry quietly. Jiwon wants to go into the bathroom, turn the water on and let herself bawl her eyes out but she wants to spend a little more time with him. She never spends time with him. She's either too sad or too busy or never at home.

She plays with his hair as she takes her phone out to see if she has any new messages. She has a message from the landlord to tell her to pay the rent for the month, a message from their electricity company to tell her to pay the bill, an email from the university she applied to tell her to enrol before the end of the month. She sighs in frustration as she checks her bank balance. She has just about enough to pay for those and buy the week's shopping.

She starts to cry again, her tears fogging up her vision. She wipes it away but the more she wipes, the more she can't control herself. She throws her head back against the couch, her eyes closed. She doesn't pray often because she's found that no matter how much she prays, nothing gets answered. But she wants to believe that He can help her so she prays. She prays that she can get better. She prays that Jungwon will always be safe. She prays that she'll be here for a long time. She prays for those three things more times than she could count. She cries and cries, her hands hurting from wiping tears away.