day 0

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
▀▄▀▄ ☼ RUN AWAY !
( 11. DAY ZERO ╎  ⚘ )

A FORBIDDEN GAME
IN THIS MAGIC HOUR
A BLUE LIGHT
WILL BLOSSOM

A FORBIDDEN GAMEIN THIS MAGIC HOUR A BLUE LIGHTWILL BLOSSOM

monday
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

JUNGWON WAKE UP TO THE SOUND OF HIS phone ringing and ringing. He checks the phone to see that he's missed three calls from Jiwon. He presses her caller ID, wiping the sleep from his eyes. He sits up straight on his bed and waits for the call to go through. She finally answers after six rings.

   "Hello? What's up? Why did you call me so much?" Jungwon mumbles sleepily into the phone, his eyes half open.

   "Is this Jungwon?" An unfamiliar man asks through the phone.

   Jungwon takes the phone off his ear to check that he called the right person. It's correct. He called his older sister.

   "Yes, this is Jungwon. Who is this? Why do you have my sister's phone?" Jungwon asks all at once, his heart beating too fast for him to calm down.

   He gets out of bed and walks to his sister's room. He opens the door to see her room spotless. Jiwon never made her bed unless she was in a happy mood. Jiwon never tidied her desk unless she wanted to work.

   "Your sister—your sister is dead," the man on the phone says, making Jungwon drop his phone on the floor. "We just found her body in Haneul's grounds, sir,"

   No, she can't be dead. There's no way she is dead. She was just here. She was just talking to him. She is not dead. Jungwon refused to believe it. She can't be. She was just here.

   "Hello? Hello? Jungwon-ssi? Are you there?" The man on the other side questions, his voice travelling around her room.

   Jungwon cannot get himself to pick his phone back up. He looks around the tidy room and notices the bed covers in a pile on the floor by the bed. He rushes to it, wondering why she took the covers off but didn't replace them. They reek of old blood. There are blood stains everywhere.

   He manages to get himself together and pick his phone up. He places the device by his ear, hoping his voice won't give out on him. He should be crying but tears don't pool at his eye ducts. His face feels numb. His hands feel numb. He cannot get himself to move away from her room.