Chapter 2

"Welcome to Neo City." The lady who was in charge of Iseul and her group of other competitors said. The others had landed at Neo City's airport around the same time as her.

They were inside the bus, staring outside the window as they travelled to the building where they would be staying for the next couple of days.

The competition was already moving fast, with the second round of auditions happening soon. Iseul was told that they had a day to rehearse and then they would have a minute to perform for the judges, not a second more.

Apparently, 150 competitors had made it to the second round of auditions, and only 100 would make it to the live shows. They were already set to film something that night.

Actually, it seemed like film cameras were in every corner of the bus as Iseul looked around, observing.

Everything is being documented to make sure they get anything interesting.

"The cameras are intimidating, aren't they?" The male beside her asked, surprising Iseul.

She turned her head to see the male that looked a little younger than her, a mole under his right eye who had eyes that smiled. He had dark hair and fair skin, and Iseul knew that he could probably make it to the next round just from his visuals.

"Yeah, they are." Iseul said, giving the male a small smile back. "I'm Lim Iseul."

"Lee Jeno." The boy said, introducing himself before his face changed.

Iseul chuckled, finding Jeno cute like a child. "It's okay, I know we're competitors but it doesn't hurt to make a few friends."

Jeno nodded his head. "Sounds good... Noona?"

Iseul couldn't help but laugh. "Jeno, when were you born?"

"In 2000." Jeno answered, making Iseul nod.

"Noona it is." Iseul said, just as the bus came to a stop.

They had arrived.

"Alright everyone, you have five hours to yourselves before you need to be ready to be transported to filming. Don't bring any instruments or dress to over-the-top. The more casual, the better." Their manager announced.

Iseul took a deep breath, taking it all in.

This is where it all begins.

...

Taeil entered the practice room, making the boy inside immediately stop singing, giving Taeil a deep bow.

"Thank you." Taeil said to Haechan as he quickly ran to the speakers to stop the music.

"How may I help you, sunbaenim?" Haechan asked with wide eager eyes.

"I just wanted to introduce myself." Taeil said, giving the trainee a small smile. "Taeil."

"I'm a big fan of yours." Haechan said, shaking Taeil's hand with a bow.

"That's good to hear." Taeil replied. "We'll be seeing each other a lot."

Taeil took the opportunity to leave the room as Haechan processed his words, making sure to close the door before Haechan could call him back.

...

Iseul was sharing a room with seven other girls, none that seemed like they wanted to interact with her but would rather keep to themselves instead.

That's fine, Iseul thought as she sat on the bottom bunk of her bed, her laptop in front of her with her earbuds in. She was listening to the song that she was planning on performing, a self-written one.