Chapter 29

Iseul stared at her reflection in the mirror, staring at her simple outfit.

Her hair was flowing down her back in soft waves, a look that would match both her performance with Haechan and the duet with Taeil

Taeil has specifically requested something simple for their performance, wanting them to be comfortable. Iseul still thought that her outfit was far from anything she would ever actually wear but couldn't complain too much.

A smile slowly spread onto her face as the reflection of her boyfriend appeared behind her.

Taeil was already dressed in his own stage outfit, a pink shirt and pink pants. It seemed like that was the theme for their duet. His hair was parted to the side, a look that Iseul loved on him.

"What do you think?" Iseul asked as she adjusted her jacket.

"It looks good." Taeil responded, keeping his answer simple as there were many people around them, also getting ready. But Iseul could tell from his eyes that he wanted to say more than that. "Come on, let's go join Haechan so you two can warm up your voices."

Iseul nodded, following Taeil to where Haechan was pacing, already warming up with some scales. He gave them a small smile as they joined him.

"Ready for tonight?" Taeil asked just as Daeun came in, also needed to prepare for her own performance in the waiting room.

They nodded their heads as Daeun called Taeil for a picture and with the cameras around, he couldn't ignore her.

"I'll be back. Start practicing what you need to." Taeil said, clenching his teeth.

Once he was out of earshot, Iseul turned towards Haechan. "Did you contact them?"

Haechan nodded his head. "Of course I did, noona."

...

Taeil was annoyed. He wanted to spend most of the preparation period with Iseul but here he was now, giving Daeun some "advice" as her senior.

"Is this stage different from a music show?" Daeun asked, batting her eyelashes. Taeil held in the urge  to gag.

"No, it's not." Taeil said, faking a smile as he caught sight of the camera filming them form the corner of his eye. "It's very similar, you'll realize soon."

Before Daeun could say another word, Taeil noticed the attention in the room shift to the doors. Even the cameras turned that way.

Who could possibly be there? Taeil thought as he turned his head as well.

The last thing he expected was to see Doyoung and Jaehyun there with some of the company's staff, all of them holding trays and bags of drinks for everyone in the waiting room.

"We came to celebrate a star going back on stage tonight." Doyoung announced, wide grins on both their faces.

...