Chapter 13

Like Taeil had expected, his team's performance had gone well.

There were definitely parts that could have gone better but Haechan and Iseul had aced their parts, which was the most important. If they had messed up, the whole performance would have been ruined.

"Good job, you all did amazing." Taeil said, shaking the members' hands as they came down from the stage, our of breath.

When it was Iseul's turn, Taeil felt as if time had stopped for a second as Taeil held her hand. It wasn't until she had thanked him that Taeil was returned to reality, moving onto the next person.

What was that about?

...

That was weird, Iseul thought as she sat back in her seat. She felt like her handshake with Taeil had lasted much longer than it was supposed to, a hint of awkwardness in the moment.

Iseul thought back to the recording of her singing with Taeil and how lovely their voices sounded together.

Is there something there?

She quickly shook the thought away though, knowing that she coudln't possibly be falling for her mentor.

I just admire Taeil, like a fan and a celebrity, Iseul thought.

"Good job, noona." Jeno said, giving her a big smile and thumbs up.

"Thanks Jeno, you did well too." Iseul replied, with a grin. It was weird to see Jeno giving her an eye smile with his dark make up and costume.

Soon the performances were over and they were all required to head back to the dorms.

Iseul was sitting on her bed, scrolling through her phone when she heard her roommates gossiping.

"Forty of us are going home next week." One of them commented. "That's so sad."

"I hope I get to stay." Another one said. "Even if I don't win, it's nice being in the presence of the mentors and top competitors."

"Yeah." Another one agreed. "It's so obvious that Jeno and Haechan are going to be big celebrities one day. I want to make sure I take a selfie with them before I leave."

Iseul rolled her eyes, glad that none of the girls could see her.

With that attitude, they'll get eliminated in no time.

...

Iseul could feel the tension in the room, which was slightly more empty than it was last week.

The competitors had the weekend off to visit family and friends if needed. Iseul had spent the time in the practice room with Jeno, the two of them watching different performances on Iseul's laptop.

After the weekend, the voting results had came in and forty of the competitors were eliminated, leaving only sixty of them in. There were many tears exchanged as competitors said good bye to their friends and teammates, but everyone knew that it was bound to happen.

Jeno and Haechan's ranks hadn't changed, which everyone expected. It was clear that the viewers had their favourites.

Iseul had some how made it, the team performance helping her move up to the 34th spot. If she could keep that rank, she would be set for the next elimination as well. 

Now, Taeil's team was sitting in the practice room, preparing for their next challenge.

"We have over two weeks to prepare for the next challenge." Taeil informed them. "Because it's a hard one."