Chapter 24

Iseul wondered if she had stepped over the line as Taeil stared blankly at the food getting cold in front of them.

"You know what, forget-"

"Yes." Taeil finally said, cutting her off. "I do miss it. I miss it a lot and I wish I could go back in time and take care of myself more so that injury would have never happened."

Iseul noticed that Taeil was beginning to blink back tears so she reached out, her fingers lightly brushing his arm. "I'm sorry, Taeil. I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." Taeil quickly said, giving her a small smile as he sniffled, wiping the tears from his eyes. "It was a valid question."

Iseul slowly nodded, but she felt like she had ruined the atmosphere as they ate in silence.

"You know what." Taeil said, breaking the tension. "I think what happened made me appreciate the small things in life."

"Really?" Iseul asked. Taeil nodded his head.

"I was able to focus on songwriting more, which I love just as much as singing. When I was an idol, it was so exhausting to do both at the same time." Taeil told her. "But now, I just write songs whenever I feel like it. Life is so much more relaxing."

"I bet." Iseul said with a giggle. "Being an idol seems like so much work."

"It is." Taeil said, taking a big bite of food. "The diets before a comeback are also so annoying. Now, I can just eat to my hearts content."

Iseul laughed at Taeil's comment, the male having a wide grin on his face.

"I mean, sure I can't perform but I still sing all the time. I sing in most of my demos, just because it's easier than instructing someone else." Taeil told her.
"The most important part is that music is still a big part of my life, and that's all that matters. I can't imaging living without it."

Iseul couldn't help but stare at Taeil in awe. His passion for his work was so clear and even though his career had took a sharp turn, he still made the best out of it.

"Did I say something weird?" Taeil asked, noticing to look she was giving him. Iseul immediately shook her head.

"No, not it all. You're just so... perfect." Iseul sighed.

The surprised look on Taeil's face made Iseul realized what she had said.

"Positive. I said positive, don't get the wrong idea. Iseul said, trying to cover up but she could already feel her cheeks burning.

"Mhmm, definitely." She heard Taeil mumble under her breath and knew she was screwed.

"Anyways." Iseul said, quickly changing the topic again. "You're going to be on stage again. Are you excited?"

"Eh, I don't know." Taeil said, shrugging his shoulders. "It'll either go great or end in a disaster, no in between."

"Well I sure hope it goes great, my rank depends on this." Iseul reminded him, making Taeil giggle.

"Sometimes I forget that you're not an official performer. You're such a natural on stage." Taeil told her.

Somehow, Taeil's compliment had made her more flustered than she already was.

"Thank you." Iseal said, trying to prevent her smile from spreading all the way to her ears.

"I'm just saying the truth." Taeil said before pressing the button that would call Doyoung's aunt over. "Now let's not fool around too long. I should bring you back to the dorms soon."