Chapter 30

Tch, real nervous, Iseul thought as Taeil sang his part perfectly as he played his guitar, the spotlight on him. He looked like he had never taken a break from the stage, performing with ease and a smile on his face.

Iseul made sure not to get too distracted by Taeil, taking her cue as the light shone on her. She couldn't help but smile as her eyes met Taeil's the two of them singing in perfect harmony.

The performance felt much too short as Iseul could feel it coming to an end as she made her way, meeting Taeil into the centre of the stage. Taeil offered his arm and she gladly took it as they sung the last note, staring into each other's eyes as the lights began to dim, signalling the end of the song.

Iseul was surprised when Taeil leaned forward towards in the darkness. To anyone else, they probably would have thought that Taeil was whispering in her ear but he actually planted a light kiss to her head.

Taeil let her keep her arm around his as they made their way off stage together. Doyoung, Jaehyun, and Haechan were standing in the hallway where their waiting room was, giving them a small applause as they made their way towards them.

Iseul let Taeil have his moment with his former bandmates as she went to go change and get her make up removed. When she was done, Taeil was waiting for her, Doyoung and Jaehyun with him.

"Hurry, ask her." Doyoung said, giving Taeil a light nudge.

"Okay, okay, relax." Taeil said, giving her a small smile. "Iseul, do you want to come over tonight? Doyoung's cooking."

Iseul immediately nodded her head. "I would love to."

...

Apparently they had asked Haechan too, but the male had to go to the company to practice with the other trainees.

He's so hardworking, Iseul thought as she rested her head on Taeil's shoulder, the male's arm resting behind her on the couch.

The men shared a very nice apartment, yet not too fancy. It was clear that it had cost quite a bit, yet isn't wasn't furnished in a way where they were flaunting their wealth. Iseul liked it a lot.

The good thing about being in the private space was that Iseul and Taeil didn't have to worry about camera's catching them. Sure, Jaehyun gave them weird glances but the poor couple was barely able to spend some quality time together.

"Whoa, our song is ranking so well." Taeil said, showing Iseul the screen of his phone.

The show had released the recordings of the songs they had written and the one that Taeil's team wrote was ranking the highest out of all of the teams.

"It's because of your talent." Iseul said, look at Taeil before giving his cheek a peck. Taeil shook his head.

"No, it's because of you. You created the main melody, I just did the extra stuff." Taeil said, returning the favour.

"First of all, gross." The two turned to see Doyoung standing there, hands on his hips.

"Second, the song sounded amazing and both of you played a big part in that." Doyoung said, raising his fingers with his points.

"Third, dinner is ready and I'm starving, so let's go eat."

...

Doyoung was an amazing cook and Iseul loved spending time with Taeil and his roommates. It was cute seeing Taeil get flustered every time they made a joke. Doyoung and Jaehyun were both very nice and made sure she was included in their conversations the entire time.